• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Something of interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Onward

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Jul 5, 2006
Messages
2,937
Reaction score
47
Sorry, this is a little long...Recently on tdnam, I made a mistake on a bid...

It was a decent name in .cc

Basically I wanted to bid $65 and accidentally bid $665 (there was about 18 hrs left on the auction and I was the only bidder at that point). Right away I e-mailed tdnam and they got back to me and said that they would delete the bid ,but that if this happened again with my account...my account may be suspended.

I noticed the next day, about 2 hrs before the auction was to end, that my incorrect bid of $665 was still up...I called tdnam and after waiting on hold for about 25 min...the rep told me that they were aware of the situation and would handle it.

Bottom line...The bid was never retracted and someone else bid the name up to $200+...I ended up winning the auction. Later I got an e-mail saying 'sorry for the confusion...we have deleted your bid'. This sound all good to me except that the other person bidding on this name would have gotten this name for about $70 buck most likely...and paid 200+

I think something stinks with this type of practice. Has anyone else experienced anything a little shady about tdnam?
 
That is incredibly shady. They knowingly let your retracted bid run up the price for the number 2 guy. You have to wonder what other things they might do to run up bids.
 
Yeah. They could say they just did not get to it...and the other bidder would totally not be the wiser...

Come to think of it..I have won a few auctions at tdnam that I originally did not win...I was not the high bidder and then a few days later the name appeared in my won auctions items..I just assumed it was that the original bidder did not pay...but I wonder if I bid up the auction in a similar way to my latest experience and then bought later at an inflated price.

Actually the auction should be run again if there was a problem like this...Just my opinion.
 
"Once is an occurence, twice is a coincidence, three times is a pattern". If you've personally been involved in at least 3 auctions where the winning bidder did not claim the domain, sounds like a pattern.
 
I have won at least 3 auctons this way...If I had not had a typo bid...I never would have thought something shady was going on.

I am actually glad that there is a forum we cn discuss this type of stuff. This still may just be an oversight from a very large company...but they seemed to have capitalized on my last experience.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom