• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Something you should think HARD about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrew Shaw

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Sep 27, 2005
Messages
3,266
Reaction score
2
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
Where are you investing? I'm interested in doing something like this but I've never done any FOREX trading before.
 
Seems like a great idea, and yes the dinar will go up. However, it just seems immoral to me. Taking their money just doesn't feel right. Isn't this purchasing dinar and exchanging it later? How does this work?
 
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
First off FOREX market is largest market in the wordl that no secret, for anyone interested first read this www.iraqidinar.org GOOD LUCK TRADING
 
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
Is it possible to just go to US bank and buy dinars, i realize they make a small profit on the exchange rate, then hold for a few years and sell back to same bank
 
Ashaw said:
thanks for the post xnx.... Very useful site.

I too have done much MUCH research on this. Honestly the best way to do it, is to open an off shore account in Iraq. It may sound crazy, but the Iraqi bank pays 6% interest. Its an electronic number fund so if the currency changes you dont lose, and you are not subject to zero shaving. (zero shaving is when the "government" decides that since the value of the dinar is going up 'or for whatever reason' the 25,000 dinar bills are now worth 25 dinars. Because your account will hold an electronic fund you are not subject to the very unstable currency changes.

could you elaborate more on how to open an off shore account?
 
Can other country residents also buy Dinar or is it open only for US citizens?
 
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
Woah, scanning and signing documents to foreign entities all in one thread?

To anyone interested in this, remember to practice common sense.
 
In my former life, I use to conduct currency hedging for global business and operations.

No disrespect to the above posters, but you guys would quickly become the
low man on the food chain.

The potential returns are huge. But, so are the losses.

Without getting into extensive disccussion, there are a lot of better ways to make
a profit (return) without risking your entire nest egg.
 
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
Ashaw said:
Same goes for just about any investment. Eg. the stock market. In my opinion, the returns are much greater, as the DInar is so insignificant right now, you cant lose. You can ALWAYS sell your Dinars in the worst case sinario. Where as in the stock market, a stock can go in the red and you can actually lose everything. Same goes with the domain market. You can invest hundreds, thousands or even millions of dollars in domain names. YOU take that risk. The turn around can be fantastic, or terrible.

I am not up to debate anyone, as I posted this to let anyone that is interested in on this, As I myself have already invested in millions of Dinars, and will continue to do so. DO what you will, do what you wish, its up to you. Thanks for all opinions on the matter, and all information given. Keep everything in mind before investing, as it technically is a gamble. I myself am willing to take the risk and will back up my feelings with cold hard cash.

If people were afraid to invest we would not have an economy today. If people were afraid to invest we would not have a domain moarket today.


Thanks Ashaw for sharing this information.
Much appreciated
Simon
 
Ashaw, thanks for the tip. Could be smart. Hope it works out.

Anyone who is interested in trading currencies would be advised to talk with a US registered brokerage who can really tell you what's going on. It's not for the faint of heart and you need to be willing to lose, and depending on the vehicle, sometimes much more than your initial investment. Look up a forex trader online and give them a call first.
 
Letting random banks take money out of my account to purchase the currency of a nation in shambles, with no way of currently selling off my newly acquired currency?

Umm, no thanks, I'll stick to domains.

Agree with Stoc, many of those statements are very bold and could cause trouble for you down the road.
 
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw
 
Al-Warka Investment Bank = seems pretty random to me

But I guess whatever floats your boat, I just think they're are more "traditional" ways of investing that will give you far fewer headaches. If it was that easy to get rich using the dinar, everyone would have invested in it already.
 
As per legal advice Ive received, I am no longer offering advice, suggestions or comments about this topic. Do research and use your best judgement before investing.

Kind Regards,
Andrew Shaw

Thanks Stock Doc. Did not relize the complications involved with giving investment tips. Thanks for the heads up.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom