• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

sounds fishy

Status
Not open for further replies.

dnbidder

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Aug 3, 2004
Messages
665
Reaction score
0
Hi guys

I'm looking to buy a name for low xx,xxx

Price is agreed etc, but he wants me to send him a copy of the sales contract and then for both of us to sign it

I suggested using escrow.com and he replied that he doesn't want to use it even though I said I would pay fees

Does this sound a bit fishy?
 
A little fishy...

ask if he'd rather use either of the Sedo or Moniker escrow services...
 
Not really. I have three sales completed so far and they wanted a sales contract signed with or without escrow. I guess it is for company expense purpose that they want a signed contract. They said their lawyer told them to do so.
 
i havnt used moniker before
 
A sales contract is useless if he has your money and still has the domain - don't do the transaction without a third party escrow service - see what happens when you demand that - let us know if he goes through with the sale.
 
You can do a contract....just include in the contract something to the effect of....the name will be transferred on receipt of fund via Escrow.com...
 
You can do a contract....just include in the contract something to the effect of....the name will be transferred on receipt of fund via Escrow.com...

Exactly, a contract that also incorporates the escrow# would be best.
 
Be very careful in case he directs you to a fake escrow site...
 
Go for it, although be cautious and use an Escrow service that you know is reliable :)
 
Unless you really know the buyer, I would strongly recommend escrow. No escrow, no deal.

There is no reason for him to object to escrow. The more he objects the more reason there is for escrow.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom