• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Stormpay closed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
4Daily.com got there strompay account suspended ..

Its like some individual account get limited or closed or terminated at Stormpay ..
 
I have never taken a liking to stormpay. After the recent 3rd party processor meltdown, I would not be surprised if they go down as well.
 
I don't know if it was every really down. Though they seem to be cracking down on Autosurf and MLM type of clients.
 
My one company had a Stormpay account for awhile, but then Stormpay one day out of the blue suspends our account over content issues (cann.com) not fraud or anthing; Stormpay acknowledged upfront that all funds in our account were legit, but that they still were not going to issue a check for 6 months.

But over a year and numerous promises later by Stormpay to issue a check for the remaining balance of $555.18, Stormpay has yet to ever send us the money.

Fortunately, the amount my company lost was nominal due to frequent withdrawals and thus not worth pursuing - Stormpay is very shady; collecting could potentially take much more effort than it's worth.

In short, the operators of Stormpay are THIEVES ... and many people, including myself, have been warning others for quite awhile now to avoid them.

Ron
 
interesting. their site appears to be down and i have a few hundred bucks there.
 
I planned on posting this a while ago, but it seems that tihrd party processor users are so twitchy when it comes to being screwed that all they do is bitch and whine.

Paysystems, stormpay, egold issues.. don't worry, your paypal accounts are next.
 
DNGeeks said:
I planned on posting this a while ago, but it seems that tihrd party processor users are so twitchy when it comes to being screwed that all they do is bitch and whine.

Paysystems, stormpay, egold issues.. don't worry, your paypal accounts are next.

so you suggest mailing a check for each internet transaction? or perhaps using pigeons?

not EVERY online seller wants to bother setting up a merchant account. many wont even get approved because of the low transaction volume or will get raped on the processing fees. most don't have any idea where to start and how it works. services such as paypal make life a LOT easier, especially for people who are not aware of the high fraud rate on the net.

stormpay sucks. paysystems, egold. yes. they all sucked, but when a customer comes to me and says, hey, I can only pay with eGold or I can only pay with stormpay because I'm in country XX and I don't have a credit card, what do you do?

would you rather deny them business or signup for one of these crap processors and accept the sale?
 
There seem to be a huge number of ponzi schemes using StormPay. I'd say they're trying to clean up their image.
 
Yup, use pigeons and consider bird crap an acceptable form of payment.

Might you lose sales if you don't use payscam? maybe. Are you less secure if you use payscam? Definately. Do you have control of your account and money with payscam? never.

I'd rather deny them the sale then hand my business over to payscam. Yes I'm bitter about them, they cost me money. They'll do the same to you eventually. And yes I followed the TOS and all that crap. Even got email from them saying my business was just fine. A week later they closed my account and the accounts of many other usenet providers.

Security and peace of mind versus lack of control. Third party payment processors just aren't good enough, and people need to learn that.
 
if a business has been banned from doing business in their own home state... something is wrong with the picture... they have been banned in TN off and on for 3 or 4 years plus now, the attorney general here gets thousands of complaints against them (use to anyway)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom