• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

strange overture results

Status
Not open for further replies.

falco85

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 20, 2005
Messages
332
Reaction score
0
Hi,
I am experiencing strange overture results in my researches!
For instance, look for "car" in US OVT. You will have tons of keywords listed. One of them is "car muscle".
Now, type "car muscle" in OVT. As you would expect, it will show as "muscle car".

Since the word order is crucial for a domain name, why OVT is behaving like this? Is there a way to fix that issue?
 
Its just the way the system is. Its always been like this... and as far as I know, there's nothing that can be done. It doesn't show plural forms too
 
that's a major bug imho. how can you say if a user typed one form or another? apart from common sense, I say. this can be a problem for IDN research as well
 
this can be a problem for IDN research as well

Its a big problem for IDN research. It's hard to know the intended word order in languages that are not your own. I've made the mistake in purchasing idns in wrong order because of that. It's a very annoying glitch that ovt has.
 
I've noticed the reversing of keyword terms in the overture results, also.
I thought it has to do with listing the phrases alphabetically, but never knew why.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom