Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

closed Strong.net

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Domain Summit 2024

alldig

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice name $500-1000 resale.....$1000+ to end user for sure.

GeorgeK

Leap.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol It's priceless, if you'd never sell it. :)

izoot

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice name...Internet provider with a STRONG backbone connection!

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would rate the .net higher than usual with this word because it is perfect for an ISP. I would hold out for no less than $1500 and would really expect a little more. Unforgettable name for a service provider.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
Great name. Try to sell to www.eStrong.com. They might have an interest.
You will get 1500+
-Bob

Interesting suggestion Bob. For this financial institution, are you therefore suggesting that Strong.net trumps eStrong.com?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Don't know about Bob but I would rather have a powerful root word like Strong on the .net than a non-word with a grossly overused and misapplied prefix on .com (the e prefix works on some electronic terms, but I don't think it goes with strong at all).

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Originally posted by fizz

Interesting suggestion Bob. For this financial institution, are you therefore suggesting that Strong.net trumps eStrong.com?

Yes -

I would not even register eStrong.com.

I would be a buyer for Strong.net.

If I were in the Strong Funds, Inc.'s shoes and I knew Strong.net were for sale (maybe it is not), I would pursue Strong.net and phase out the advertising of eStrong.com and promote Strong.net. But, that is me and I am not afraid of .NETs :D

-Bob

strongvis

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
do they even advertise estrong.com

appreciating all the feedback. I'm strengthening (pun intended) my own notions of this name
.... the isp idea is my secondary reason for owning this name and its a good one, primary reason should be obvious.

I was just curious what others thought and if I paid too much based on generic speculations

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just curious, how much did you pay for strong.net?

tw

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Duke of Earl
I would rather have a powerful root word like Strong on the .net than a non-word with a grossly overused and misapplied prefix on .com (the e prefix works on some electronic terms, but I don't think it goes with strong at all).

Originally posted by Bob
Yes - I would not even register eStrong.com. I would be a buyer for Strong.net.

If I were in the Strong Funds, Inc.'s shoes and I knew Strong.net were for sale (maybe it is not), I would pursue Strong.net and phase out the advertising of eStrong.com and promote Strong.net. But, that is me and I am not afraid of .NETs :D

Duke and Bob, my feelings too. Strong.net would also be excellent for a person whose surname is Strong ;-)

I also agree with the views of doberry et al that .NET is finally gaining in recognition and value, as discussed in the DVD.net thread:
http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?postid=66818#post66818

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't think small businesses have any choice but to move to .net. All of the good .com names are long gone and those that drop are immediately snapped or caught by drop services (which add to their cost and retail price). Small businesses aren't going to spend 1K and above on a domain name. They can pick up a good .net name for $100-$500 and I think more and more of them are doing just that. Big business may still be wedded to .com but two thirds of the economy comes from small businesses and they are by financial necessity much more flexible.

P.S. I might add that I am noticing an increasing number of $69 Snaps taken on .net names too - so the serious players are picking up on the trend as well.

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score

P.S. I might add that I am noticing an increasing number of $69 Snaps taken on .net names too - so the serious players are picking up on the trend as well.

Duke - The big boys have been seriously pursuing .NET and .ORG for about 6 months now. Even back in March, I was be able to get killer one word net and org names on the drop hours after they were released... Now - no way.

I mentioned it way back when - when there was a thread of what was the next TLD to be big. This was one of my arguements for .NET - the speculators and big fish were grabbing them and hoarding them in LARGE numbers. . .

BTW - I have been accumulating one word .net names for about 18 months now. Back then, nobody really wanted .net except me and one other person (I actually took my lead from her). Now, not only do I see all the good names snapped and hoarded, I see a lot of marginal 2 and 3 word .net names on the aftermarket. Another sign that all the good names are gone and .NET is in for a rise. . :D

-Bob

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Bob
I have been accumulating one word .net names for about 18 months now. Back then, nobody really wanted .net except me and one other person (I actually took my lead from her). Now, not only do I see all the good names snapped and hoarded, I see a lot of marginal 2 and 3 word .net names on the aftermarket. Another sign that all the good names are gone and .NET is in for a rise. . :D

Must be a nice collection of .NETs you have there Bob :)

When GreatDomains first published its valuation model a few years back, it valued a good generic .NET at 25 percent of the same word in the .com extension.

Does that remain a good valuation rule-of-thumb in today's market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom