• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Students in domain business

Status
Not open for further replies.

domainuncle

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jan 29, 2006
Messages
299
Reaction score
0
it seems that there are handful number of students in domain business. I have met few in other forums as well and here I can see many -at least those I am in touch with.
Is this business an alternative to part time job?
Pour your ideas . what do you guys think over it?
By the way I am a student of engineering.
Hope the list continues.
 
You can do this as a part-time job, but it tends to get very very time-consuming.
 
Studying economics for some more years before i becomme a full time domainer.
:-)
 
an aerospace engineering student here, for me domaining is both a hobby and a job.
 
spietreser said:
You can do this as a part-time job, but it tends to get very very time-consuming.
I absolutely agree with you. Anyway, now study is a part time job for student.
 
For me its a hobby that brings in enough revenue each month so I can go out and have a good time, and see the music I enjoy
 
I'm also a Grad student in Cambridge MA (studying Government). I will be headed to law school next fall.

If you would, give us a little bit more details? What's your college/university? Anyone else going to school in Cambridge or Boston Ma?
 
Im in computer engineering and do web development as a part time. Besides from the good money, it is also good experience in the field.
 
I'm a Commerce student...been domaining since well before I started university and I wouldn't have it any other way.
 
Second year Civil Engineering student at Exeter, UK. Domaining is a great way to make money, and I find it easy to understand and hope to master it some day. I am mainly here to have a very healthy bank balance when University ends, and then consider whether I will continue or not.
 
grad school myself... domaining is basically a part time job for me (well maybe a few more hours than just part time) I have another part time job as well as go to school, but the wife enjoys the money I make from this stuff.
 
Medicine student here, 1st faculty of medicine, Prague.
Domaining is one of my hobbies and a nice source of secondary income. I hope it becomes my main source of income in the near future.
 
********

instead of doing part time jobs, it seems some students have been clever enough to work with domains. i'm also a student major in international relations, economics and political science.
 
Industrial Engineering student here. The money is... great. My roommate makes like $18 an hour at a real summer job and I just sit here at my comp and make way more and enjoy it.
 
hs student, have a summer job, and work now and then with my dad at marinas. Otherwise domaining is my thing. I plan to go to college for computer science and marketing cause im done with outsourcing
 
it seems some of us here have really great hopes and plans for our domain futures. long live domaining business!!
 
but investment must have been difficult for students. It must have been a trouble to buy generic names. But nice to see that students are one of the players in domain industry
 
^ Interestingly enough all the money I have and use for domains is profits from the industry.

Started out with designing logos and templates, eventually moved onto building and selling entire websites. And here I am today.

It is such a steady income that I have never lost money on a website, and everything I have now is from web development!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom