• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Style.ca

Looks like it hasn't changed hands yet as last updated shows as June 28 2014...maybe it didn't sell yet?
Perhaps reserve not met in auction?
I am just curious as I have a nice short one word .ca domain and would be interested to talk to kramer9399 to see how everything went with the auction transaction with GD and a .ca name and if they are worth listing with. I know .ca can be troublesome with them.
 
I know .ca can be troublesome with them.

My vote for understatement of the year. Our client sales transferring to GoDaddy include a written warning that we are not responsible for their f***ups.

I hope this sale goes thru. Good numbers for the .ca are always welcome.
 
Sale is in the process....Waiting for buyer funds. Ha ha

I can say that the buyer contacted me directly AFTER the fact and that he is trying to negotiate a better deal.

In regards to GoDaddy - In my opinion if someone is bidding on a domain of $5k or over (for example), they should have to fund their account with a deposit . This way it weeds out the people who have no money whatsoever and prevents 14 year olds from bidding on $xx,xxx domains.

Otherwise, some guy can just create an account today and bid on anything tomorrow without paying.

I'll keep you guys posted on the sale.
 
NameJet does something similar " Verified Bidder" with credit card id etc. etc. for bids over $2500 ( Still doesn't mean they have the money" but easier to chase..)

Maybe a $1k non refundable deposit on Over 5k auctions. After auction won all bidders get back deposit and winner pays balance of auction total, and should they retract, they lose the deposit to the auction holder.

ISSUE #2
Renegotiate the deal???? Maybe deposit + payments... MAYBE, but to ask to pay less for the domain after pushing other bidders from winning is simply bad business ethic.

Good Luck..
jr


 
Thanks for the reply! and please do let us know how it works out....hopefully all good for you.

I had a 5K offer recently at GD. Not an auction, someone contacted them to broker a sale. We agreed on a price and I was asked to post the name for sale in auctions. Long story short, the buyer never paid. Wasted mine and the brokers time. Then when I asked for it to be removed I was told it would remove automatically in 30 days. I had to call auction support and tell them to remove it as I didn't want it listed for 30 days and the only reason I listed it in the first place was that I was told that was how to facilitate the sale. To their credit they then removed it right away for me.

So I guess it is seller beware with these things.

Sale is in the process....Waiting for buyer funds. Ha ha

I can say that the buyer contacted me directly AFTER the fact and that he is trying to negotiate a better deal.

In regards to GoDaddy - In my opinion if someone is bidding on a domain of $5k or over (for example), they should have to fund their account with a deposit . This way it weeds out the people who have no money whatsoever and prevents 14 year olds from bidding on $xx,xxx domains.

Otherwise, some guy can just create an account today and bid on anything tomorrow without paying.

I'll keep you guys posted on the sale.
 
Last edited:
Did the sale include the website, or was the price just based on domain only?

Good luck and hope it goes through smoothly!
 
I would include the site as well..not sure if he wanted it or not it wasn't discussed
 
Still pending funds from buyer but since it has been a while it looks like the sale won't go through. Godaddy has said I am allowed to accept other offers now because the time period in which he had to pay me has expired. PM me if interested.
 
Back
Top Bottom