• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

subdomain????

Status
Not open for further replies.

slight of hand

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Mar 5, 2006
Messages
73
Reaction score
0
hi,

i have www.officelets.net. "lets" here in the uk means, rent.

i ever really used subdomains before. i was thinking, if i was to set up some subdomains

like
london.officelets.net
manchester.officlets.net
serviced.officelets.net

would there be any benefit in doing so?
 
The benefit is its easier for your visitors to find certain pages or sections of the websites.
 
I'm a fan of subdomains ... if used to the benefit of your visitors and they're easy to remember. I like the idea of using the geographic subs - such as London, Manchester, etc. - as opposed to 'serviced'. For example here in the states, let's say somebody has greatplains.us. The subs I would use (if I wanted to do that) would be kansas.greatplains.us, nebraska.greatplains.us ... you get the idea.

Be sure to check on how much your host charges for each sub. Good luck.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom