Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Suggestions for self-appraisals ??

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

smirkley

These are all just examples.

I know Overture is just one piece of the puzzle,...

But in the process of seeking new names, and while using overture as a part of evaluation and self appraisal before purchace...

Lets say www.racecars.com

How do I use overture to help evaluate ?

lets say "cars" gives me 50000
and "race" gives me 500
and "race cars" gives me 100
and "racecars" together gives me 0
and "racecars.com" gives me zero also.

How do I use this as a tool ?

Does the word cars make it more likely better
or does the "racecars" weigh it down ? etc

How are these "hypothetical" numbers used in my process of evaluation? I realize these are search string results. But does it go deeper?

I have noticed a couple of appealing dictionary word domains not registered yet, that are two word, but seperated produce about 300 as results.(ie-race cars) as opposed to zero results when spelled as one word.(ie-racecars) Is 300 a good result in this example?

(Is this thread in the wrong category?oops.)

Thank you for your comments

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Self-appraisal can lead to hairy palms and blindness. :razz:

S

smirkley

Yuk Yuk Yuk

Dont mis-undertake me.

The hair is from the keyboard,
and the blindness from this forum.

But seriously...
So I'm not the veteran here,
But I am trying to pick up some knowledge.

Thanks anyway.

Togoodhlth

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Basically the overture search term suggestion tool is not even close to accurate.
Theoretically it is supposed to be telling you how many times the keyword has been searched during the previous month. The results are erroneous however it is still helpful in some ways.
Take the numbers with a grain of salt however, generally speaking a real big number means that it is a keyword that is searched frequently just not as frequently as they say.
combinations of highly searched terms are good if they are relevant to each other. "Fastcars" would be good however "healthcars" although 2 popular search terms they don't interact well.
I know this is probably an obvious example but a lot of it is your own perception of the 2 word combination. if it turns up a zero when the words are together then it's probably not a great combination.

S

smirkley

That puts some meat and taters on the plate.

I have noticed that when I enter an illogical term, it gets poor results. That has helped me, when I find a name that sounds good, but after some thought, really doesnt make sense. This may help me to determine, with real poor results from overture, that certain terms together, just are not commonly used.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com