Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

T.r.a.f.f.i.c. 2005 - New Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
izopod said:
Rick,

I'm not planning to go to T.r.a.f.f.i.c 2005, but will most likely attend next years event. Hope a good time is had by all!

btw: I've been meaning to write you about a quote that I found on your website last year:

"My plan is a simple one. I create revenue streams and I don't work"--Rick Schwartz

I love it. I'm not sure if it's still there, but nonetheless I think it's something we should all be focusing on---creating revenue streams, whether it be through PPC, or affiliate links, etc

Revenue streams ARE the key. I have made a living with folks willing to sell their streams. Bad idea for them, good news for me.

Domain Summit 2024

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
there are still domains you can mine yourself for $6 or $8.
Exactly.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
HOMEY1234 said:
WOW, Some heavy hitters in there... Can't wait to see who else steps up to the plate.

More interesting will be what sponsors don't come after the success of TRAFFIC 2004. The companies that have signed up show a great interest and desire to do business with domainers. Those companies that don't support the domain community may find themselves suffering business wise as folks are much more apt to do business with someone they have actually met and broken bread with.

I have seen this play out in the domain industry as well as all other industries I have been connected to. It's just human nature.

For those of you that THINK you can't afford to come.....I would say that you can't afford NOT to come. You will make money just listening to the different paths folks took to gain their success. One TIDBIT could change your entire life and give you a new direction.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
.......there are still domains you can mine yourself for $6 or $8......

So true, just recently I was watching late night cable tv commercial promoting a new website.

It got me thinking about a similar name in the same category, went to see if reg'd, it was not so reg'd it. Put up a quick website and it's getting 300-400 typein visits/week right away with no search engine submission even done, all for an $8 reg fee.

HOMEY1234

CEO - iMonetize.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
For those of you that THINK you can't afford to come.....I would say that you can't afford NOT to come. You will make money just listening to the different paths folks took to gain their success. One TIDBIT could change your entire life and give you a new direction.

I can personally vouch for this statement, the contacts I made have helped me 2x my income over the past few MONTHS! d:)

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
Just for the record. I started with $1800 that I charged to my Mastercard and I bought a total of 18 domains for the $100 registration fee. Back in the old Afternic days of the late 90's I would tell folks that were buying domains to foucs on domains with type in traffic. They all laughed and called me names. Oh well......I tried.

btw, I never took another penny out of my pocket. Matter of fact, not even the $1800. That was paid back by money generated from those domains.

May I ask what is perhaps a stupid question?

Back in the "old days," how did one capitalize on type-in traffic? I'm thinking since this was all new companies such as Sedo, Fabulous, Google's AdSense, etc., weren't around. Most companies that actually sold product weren't yet "on the web" so they weren't paying for referrals.

So you had 18 names which received type-in traffic. What did you do with that traffic to generate income?

Thanks!

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
768768 said:
May I ask what is perhaps a stupid question?

Back in the "old days," how did one capitalize on type-in traffic? I'm thinking since this was all new companies such as Sedo, Fabulous, Google's AdSense, etc., weren't around. Most companies that actually sold product weren't yet "on the web" so they weren't paying for referrals.

So you had 18 names which received type-in traffic. What did you do with that traffic to generate income?

Thanks!

That was the reason I had to focus on adult domains. Mainstream was not developed and little if any money could be made. The adult world figured out how to pay $40 per signup and so the $$$ started rolling in and that fueled the purchase of other domains. Mostly adult, however I kept buying mainstream domains as I knew in time that would be bigger than adult. If I had only focused on mainstream at THAT point in time, I would have gone broke and I would have had no income streams.

Today nearly 60% of my portfolio is mainstream.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
That's exactly what I always suspected Rick (re you first starting out in adult, etc). Congats on being such a pioneer in the concept of type-in traffic. You were light years ahead of everyone else.

Odd thing is when I first heard you talk about "type-ins" about 6 or 7 yrs ago I did not even know what a type-in was even though I was already running websites and buying domains since a few year before that time. How stupid of me not grasping the concept earlier than I did but at least I finally came on board the parade but it was late.

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I appreciate the reply... thank you.

acronym007

Thankful!
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Please include me on the list for invites. I remain very interested in attending. I would rather attend this meeting than any other I can imagine.

Rick Schwartz

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
acronym007 said:
Please include me on the list for invites. I remain very interested in attending. I would rather attend this meeting than any other I can imagine.

Just drop an email to admin at targetedtraffic.com

Include a little about yourself, some of the domains you own and how many.

And remember, we now have a VEGAS show at the Venetian May 24th- May 27th.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Rick,

I sent email to [email protected] for invitation request. I hope to see you all there this year.

Thank you,
EM

Rick Schwartz said:
Hi folks!

For those wanting to get an invitation to TRAFFIC 2005, please drop an email to [email protected]

Please include your company name, where you are from, some of the better domains that you own, how many domains you own and any other pertinent information.

Registration will not open until March, but we will have you on file and instruct you as to the next step. We are not looking to exclude anyone, but all attendees must be totally professional and know how to conduct themselves.

Adam, thank you for this "Safe Harbor" in which we can keep folks updated and answer any questions they might have.

Homey,

I think they are still recovering from last years party they had. ;-)

I am SURE they have something even more special than last year planned for attendees. They don't miss a beat!!

Harmonia

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Frankly speaking, there are indeed very little female domainers in this whole domain/PPC business. Though it will be more "rounded" to see more female domainers around, it will be a big challenge and yes not many females are willing to take that monetary risk compared to being "the woman behind a successful man". And Rick, I can't help but to agree with the way you see a domain's value. The potential of a domain lies in the future you see in it, in the long term despite its high or low current value. I will look forward to learning more about the traffic and domain business from everyone of you. I wish the above event (T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005) a big success. Though I could not make it attend this year, I will definitely give it a try 2006. Have a great time everyone. :)

Cheers,
Flora.

EM @MAJ.com

Visit MAJ.com for domain forsale.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Rick Schwartz said:
Email has been sent to you with instructions.

Hi Rick,
Subscribe and confirmed.

Thank you,
EM

HOWARD

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
MissFlora said:
Frankly speaking, there are indeed very little female domainers in this whole domain/PPC business. Though it will be more "rounded" to see more female domainers around, it will be a big challenge and yes not many females are willing to take that monetary risk compared to being "the woman behind a successful man". And Rick, I can't help but to agree with the way you see a domain's value. The potential of a domain lies in the future you see in it, in the long term despite its high or low current value. I will look forward to learning more about the traffic and domain business from everyone of you. I wish the above event (T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005) a big success. Though I could not make it attend this year, I will definitely give it a try 2006. Have a great time everyone. :)

Cheers,
Flora.

Many of you may have missed the announcement, so let me repeat it for the sake of repetition:
There will be TWO (2) T.R.A.F.F.I.C. conferences this year -
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. 2005 in Delray Beach, Florida October 18 - 22
T.R.A.F.F.I.C. WEST in Las Vegas May 24 - 27.

The May conference is centered around Domain Hijacking - how to prevent it - what can be done about it - how do we recover hijacked domains - what are the legal ramifications (criminal and civil) of hijacking domains featuring the FBI and local and State Law Enforcement - acquisitions and mergers featuring the CEO of MARCHEX - and a portion of all of the proceeds will be put into escrow to fund the hiring of a lobbyist to represent domainers and get legislation passed to prevent domain hijacking.

Got targetedtraffic.com and find out more about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom