• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale take a peak at this site

Status
Not open for further replies.

ianccc

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 27, 2006
Messages
991
Reaction score
41
have a look at the disclaimer at the very top of this page

http://www.reliableroofing.ca/

interested in your thoughts, this is not my site and/or disclaimer however i do feel this is morally wrong and i imaging illegal by publishing the content, same person has done the same to some historical websites

~ian
 
Shame one can't have full WHOIS info on ownership for .ca domains.
 
That's definitely a shame. I wonder how many of the businesses actually buy back their websites.
 
I have also seen a couple of these in my travels Ian....it is a little odd for sure
 
its actually shows bad faith IMO and not to mention the copywriting issues... I see trouble ahead for this approach.

its something that will reflex badly on domainers. too bad. :frusty:
 
have a look at the disclaimer at the very top of this page

http://www.reliableroofing.ca/

interested in your thoughts, this is not my site and/or disclaimer however i do feel this is morally wrong and i imaging illegal by publishing the content, same person has done the same to some historical websites

~ian

Wonder if the photo gallery was changed :)
 
Not all roof peaks are created equal so to speak. As regards to the disclaimer I would think that this domain owner has run into some backlash on previous sites.
 
hey, i just seen the photo gallery, definitely #2
 
Yeah, I don't like that at all. I guess it could be argued that if this tactic actually preserved serp ranking that they'd be doing the owner a bit of a favor assuming the owner wanted it back and that the seller was charging a reasonable fee. However, the reality is that the domain had been disabled for a month or longer already so I doubt there's too much serp left, and I doubt the seller is being reasonable. It seems like a very hollow argument to provide cover for what is almost a hostage situation.

I personally hate the privacy on CA domains. I have thousands of domains without privacy and only get a trickle of spam each day, so I think the "spam" argument for privacy is bullshit. So why allow a veil of secrecy? I feel it just adds to the negative perception of the domain industry. Accountability is a good thing and I don't believe that privacy actually has any real advantage to anybody but those who are trying to hide something... JMO...
 
horrible tactic, and very bad taste. I'm guessing most of these co's have gone under and hence let their sites/name expire.
 
anyone want to bet the new owner is not Canadian

all the sites have little hidden links to Dubai related sites (escorts to Dubai rentals)
 
Anyone else catch the unintentional irony in the thread title? :)
 
Anyone else catch the unintentional irony in the thread title? :)

I thought it was just lousy spelling :-)

I must admit it looks like a very poor business tactic. I would think it would drive any traffic away too as they would wonder what was up!
 
I personally hate the privacy on CA domains. I have thousands of domains without privacy and only get a trickle of spam each day, so I think the "spam" argument for privacy is bullshit. So why allow a veil of secrecy? I feel it just adds to the negative perception of the domain industry. Accountability is a good thing and I don't believe that privacy actually has any real advantage to anybody but those who are trying to hide something... JMO...

.ca and .us are polar opposites (.us no privacy, proxy, registrations).
Non-Canadians regging a .ca should NEVER be allowed to utilize the automatic privacy, they should be treated like corporations are treated.

Canadian individuals should have their name, as registrant, and other contacts, always displayed.
They should be allowed to opt out of address, telephone, and email.
 
Irish, Canadian and Aussie regulations on who can register their respective ccTLDs is silly in this time and era.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom