Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR - December 14th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow - I think this is the first TBR thread in... well... however long it's been since I started following TBR in which the thread was not yet created before, or even after the actual TBR process took place!

So as to not leave a void between December 7th's thread and December 21st's thread (that is, assuming we do not have a repeat of this week), I figured I'd toss a little something together.

I would say that by far, vancouvermortgages was the white whale this week. Unfortunately, being short on funds, having had to lend a friend in need some money, I wimped out at $300. But this is a $x,xxx name without question.

There were a handful of good LLL's, to include bmv. Toronto residents such as myself are likely to know of an independent bookstore chain known as bmv (books, music, video). As they do not make a point out of having a website, I can assume that one wishing to look up anything from locations, to hours, to books in stock, can only think of bmv dot ca as being the logical URL to attempt.Th

That being said, I would think this name to receive a respectable volume of type-in traffic.

My winners this week were houselogic (I plan on using this in a real estate flyer campaign), prairiewest (very frequently used term in the prairie provinces), and one other name which I do not wish to disclose.

I also went after lifecoaching and preganancyguide in slight "tooth and nail" mode, though I came up empty at having the opportunity to pursue them in auction.

My overall take is that this was an above average week compared to historical TBR's, but well above average compared to what's been going on this year.

Anybody else got any input?

Domain summit 2024

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Wow - I think this is the first TBR thread in... well... however long it's been since I started following TBR in which the thread was not yet created before, or even after the actual TBR process took place!

So as to not leave a void between December 7th's thread and December 21st's thread (that is, assuming we do not have a repeat of this week), I figured I'd toss a little something together.

I would say that by far, vancouvermortgages was the white whale this week. Unfortunately, being short on funds, having had to lend a friend in need some money, I wimped out at $300. But this is a $x,xxx name without question.

There were a handful of good LLL's, to include bmv. Toronto residents such as myself are likely to know of an independent bookstore chain known as bmv (books, music, video). As they do not make a point out of having a website, I can assume that one wishing to look up anything from locations, to hours, to books in stock, can only think of bmv dot ca as being the logical URL to attempt.Th

That being said, I would think this name to receive a respectable volume of type-in traffic.

My winners this week were houselogic (I plan on using this in a real estate flyer campaign), prairiewest (very frequently used term in the prairie provinces), and one other name which I do not wish to disclose.

I also went after lifecoaching and preganancyguide in slight "tooth and nail" mode, though I came up empty at having the opportunity to pursue them in auction.

My overall take is that this was an above average week compared to historical TBR's, but well above average compared to what's been going on this year.

Anybody else got any input?

I agree with many of your comments.....

I saw some decent domains in the list and some very decent 3 Chars.. Still trying to get a clue about the B M V prospect...lifecoaching.ca was a good one too. But as you said Vancouver Mortgages was way better. Wonder how much it went for..

Also noticed that MyID didn't do well this week and there was Pool among the lot, picking up two I liked...

I think everyone is shopping for Christmas Gifts...and don't have the time to start a thread..;)

A D

Level 14
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I grabbed about 15, the best of which is autodetailing.ca and electricalcars.ca

Adam

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I grabbed about 15, the best of which is autodetailing.ca and electricalcars.ca

Adam

autodetailing.ca is an excellent pick... I would prefer electriccars.ca to electricalcars.ca. IMO.

Last edited:

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
autodetailing.ca is an excellent pick... I would prefer electriccars.ca to electricalcars.ca. IMO.

Agreed re: electricalcars. "Electrical" I find to be used mostly in the engineering sense, whereas "electric" refers more to consumer products (i.e. electric guitar, electric pencil sharpener, etc.).

As for autodetailing - it's a good one. But I didn't go after it too aggressively. This is for the simple reason that auto detailing is a low $ service.

Of course, I wouldn't be one to ask about anything auto related as I don't drive and probably never will do it regularly.

It's definitely got $xxx value to it. But this isn't a name I'd give a second look to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators