• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale TBR - December 14th, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

grcorp

Enthusiast
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2009
Messages
1,434
Reaction score
208
Wow - I think this is the first TBR thread in... well... however long it's been since I started following TBR in which the thread was not yet created before, or even after the actual TBR process took place!

So as to not leave a void between December 7th's thread and December 21st's thread (that is, assuming we do not have a repeat of this week), I figured I'd toss a little something together.

I would say that by far, vancouvermortgages was the white whale this week. Unfortunately, being short on funds, having had to lend a friend in need some money, I wimped out at $300. But this is a $x,xxx name without question.

There were a handful of good LLL's, to include bmv. Toronto residents such as myself are likely to know of an independent bookstore chain known as bmv (books, music, video). As they do not make a point out of having a website, I can assume that one wishing to look up anything from locations, to hours, to books in stock, can only think of bmv dot ca as being the logical URL to attempt.Th

That being said, I would think this name to receive a respectable volume of type-in traffic.

My winners this week were houselogic (I plan on using this in a real estate flyer campaign), prairiewest (very frequently used term in the prairie provinces), and one other name which I do not wish to disclose.

I also went after lifecoaching and preganancyguide in slight "tooth and nail" mode, though I came up empty at having the opportunity to pursue them in auction.

My overall take is that this was an above average week compared to historical TBR's, but well above average compared to what's been going on this year.

Anybody else got any input?
 
Wow - I think this is the first TBR thread in... well... however long it's been since I started following TBR in which the thread was not yet created before, or even after the actual TBR process took place!

So as to not leave a void between December 7th's thread and December 21st's thread (that is, assuming we do not have a repeat of this week), I figured I'd toss a little something together.

I would say that by far, vancouvermortgages was the white whale this week. Unfortunately, being short on funds, having had to lend a friend in need some money, I wimped out at $300. But this is a $x,xxx name without question.

There were a handful of good LLL's, to include bmv. Toronto residents such as myself are likely to know of an independent bookstore chain known as bmv (books, music, video). As they do not make a point out of having a website, I can assume that one wishing to look up anything from locations, to hours, to books in stock, can only think of bmv dot ca as being the logical URL to attempt.Th

That being said, I would think this name to receive a respectable volume of type-in traffic.

My winners this week were houselogic (I plan on using this in a real estate flyer campaign), prairiewest (very frequently used term in the prairie provinces), and one other name which I do not wish to disclose.

I also went after lifecoaching and preganancyguide in slight "tooth and nail" mode, though I came up empty at having the opportunity to pursue them in auction.

My overall take is that this was an above average week compared to historical TBR's, but well above average compared to what's been going on this year.

Anybody else got any input?

I agree with many of your comments.....

I saw some decent domains in the list and some very decent 3 Chars.. Still trying to get a clue about the B M V prospect...lifecoaching.ca was a good one too. But as you said Vancouver Mortgages was way better. Wonder how much it went for..

Also noticed that MyID didn't do well this week and there was Pool among the lot, picking up two I liked...

I think everyone is shopping for Christmas Gifts...and don't have the time to start a thread..;)
 
I grabbed about 15, the best of which is autodetailing.ca and electricalcars.ca

Adam

autodetailing.ca is an excellent pick... I would prefer electriccars.ca to electricalcars.ca. IMO.
 
Last edited:
autodetailing.ca is an excellent pick... I would prefer electriccars.ca to electricalcars.ca. IMO.

Agreed re: electricalcars. "Electrical" I find to be used mostly in the engineering sense, whereas "electric" refers more to consumer products (i.e. electric guitar, electric pencil sharpener, etc.).

As for autodetailing - it's a good one. But I didn't go after it too aggressively. This is for the simple reason that auto detailing is a low $ service.

Of course, I wouldn't be one to ask about anything auto related as I don't drive and probably never will do it regularly.

It's definitely got $xxx value to it. But this isn't a name I'd give a second look to.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom