Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld TBR - February 22nd 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
A far cry from the stellar week we had last week.

Another great four-letter one worder this time around.

Many LLL's - I wonder who is dropping all of these?

Hardly anything for me. I'm going after four domains at the most.

So, let us start the banter for this week's TBR!

Domain summit 2024

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Another great four-letter one worder this time around.

Are you thinking what I am thinking?? Wow...

Yes I also noticed many 3chars getting dropped.. but some of them I can understand.. but there are more than a dozen which are pretty good.

So there will some hungry people today... not done with the stellar week they had already!!!!

airmax

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
How come I always see the rest of the good names after the drop, some quality stuff this week as well... I only got one, and in auction for one......

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Soul is at 440 as of right now. If it's that high this early, I'm discouraged. It's a good name, but not a great name. Soul is not a particularly dominant genre of music as it used to be, and the best use I can think of would be to the auto maker Kia for their car the Soul (which is a long shot).

On the plus side, it's short and versatile, but I'm not going tooth and nail on this one.

Real pissed off that I couldn't get gumballmachines. I'd have had that sold in a matter of hours (pending 60 day registry restriction, of course).

Currently in auction for one other name at Siber. Nothing I'm going to go nuts over, though.

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Max: Where do you see the price?? I had it on SiberName on BO but I put in the minimum of $250 and its done.. I don't even know who got it or where.. :(.. I liked that one.. I picked up... Launching and ClassicDesign I made a post about it in "discussion" section.

Cheers

Maxwell

Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Max: Where do you see the price?? I had it on SiberName on BO but I put in the minimum of $250 and its done.. I don't even know who got it or where.. :(.. I liked that one.. I picked up... Launching and ClassicDesign I made a post about it in "discussion" section.

Cheers

Are you referring to soul? That's at pool right now for $569.

The domain I sought at Sibername was mezzanine. I was winning at $100, but got outbid to $110 at the last minute. And I was with a client as it happened, so wasn't able to attend to the auction :(

If you tried to backorder soul at sibername, I think I understand why it is that you're concerned about your $250 bid.

When you're placing the backorder, there is a minimum bid. This is $35 at Sibername. Once a $35 bid is placed, then the minimum bid becomes $50.

So, if you placed a bid on example.ca for $35, and I wanted example.ca too, I would need to bid $50 to do so. Then the next increments upward for each bid placed thereafter.

The bidder can also place a pre-release bid above the minimum. This binds them that amount, but can be an effective deterrent to bidders.

So, for example, if a name is at $50, and it's a real "tooth and nail" for me, if I'm willing to pay, say, $300 for the name, it would be wise for me to place that $300 bid, so that anybody else who wants to get in will be discouraged by the significantly higher minimum bid.

If Sibername catches the name in question, it then gets auctioned off at the highest bid. Let's say that you and me bid on the name and the minimum is now $50. Then the auction starts at $50. If you placed the $50 bid, then you are winning until I place any bids to counter your bid.

Only those with backorders on the name in question may participate in the auction. So, if you and I were the only bidders, then the auction is between you and me. Adam, for example, could not just come in out of nowhere and start bidding.

In this case, regardless of how high the bid went up, Sibername did not manage to catch the domain name.

If you look on the results list, you will see the respective registrar to each domain: http://www.sibername.com/tbr/results.php

In this case, it was 2003300 Ontario Inc. - which is a Pool registrar. Major registrars such as Pool and Sibername establish multiple corporations to behave as separate entities so they can place as many backorders are are necessary. Since, for any name they catch, all the money it goes for is theirs. And that's worth competing over for premium domains.

That said, only those who had placed backorders for soul at Pool.com are eligible to participate in that auction.

Since Sibername did not catch the name, there is no auction.

Does that clear it up for you?

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how much tsj.ca and yln.ca went for (or where they are now if in auction)??

Reason I ask is that before I dropped them, I offered them for sale quite a few times and to see both go in the top 30 makes me curious about what they'll go for.

Thanks

KING

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Max, I see what happened since it went to pool that is why I don't see anything on my SiberName account. I will have to register at pool so I can get on these... Soul.ca is great name I would have spent 1000 for sure on that one..

Thanks Max

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Soul.ca is very good for spa salons, for spiritual websites etc. For me a good indication is the number of domain names registered and developed in .ca with this particular word/phrase. It gives me the idea about the popularity of the term for the development, and also the number of potential clients to who I can offer the name if I want to sell. I find it a lot easier to sell generics to people who already own a similar multiple word domain name. For this particular one more than 500 domains registered, and many developed:
https://www.google.com/search?q=sou...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a
For me it is a premium name, but I might be mistaken :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators