Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed THANK YOU!! - A .biz test....

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks to the guy who told us about that .biz - list in the chatroom.I have forgotten who it was,but thanx again.
Although i don't like the idea of .info and .biz too much, i had to reg some .biz names from that list - just because they were so damn generic !! :D
So, amongst several others, i regged these tonite:

Grills.biz
Chico.biz
Processors.biz
Sadism.biz

and a whole lot more generic ones like that...

Now, i'll prolly take this as a test if .biz works or not.
If it's like none of these names create any interest for endusers that would be the proof .biz is crap....and i'd be broke :D

As soon as i have the confirmation for the other ones i'll put up a few for appraisal.

Let's see...:)

P.S. Any opinions on the four above?

Domain summit 2024

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Nice set you have there beatz

You may also want to try securing the great business words, an area that .biz makes most relevance.

Repositioning.biz is still available. Great for strategy and management consultants.

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
beatz, what chat are you referring to?

ad-lib

Level 6
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Nevermind. Just realized DNF had a chatroom.
Been here for about 2 months. And never even noticed.

:(

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanx Mole :)
"You may also want to try securing the great business words"
Be assured i did that(from what was left on the list) :)

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Oh' Yea ... Hey ... Beatz,

Dont you know that you cant sell Dot BIZ.

:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Do .BIZ domain names have any restrictions?

Yes. The .BIZ domain can only be used for a "bona fide business or commercial use". A bona fide business use is one of the following:

To exchange goods, services, or property of any kind;

In the ordinary course of trade or business; or

To facilitate (i) the exchange of goods, services, information, or property of any kind; or, (ii) the ordinary course of trade or business.

Registering a domain name SOLEY FOR THE PURPOSES of (1) selling, trading or leasing the domain name for compensation, or (2) THE UNSOLICITED offering to sell, trade or lease the domain name for compensation does not constitute a "bona fide business or commercial use" of that domain name.

For illustration purposes, the following do not constitute a "bona fide business or commercial use" of a domain name:

Using or intending to use the domain name exclusively for personal, noncommercial purposes; or

Using or intending to use the domain name exclusively for the expression of noncommercial ideas (i.e., registering abcsucks.biz exclusively to criticize or otherwise express an opinion on the products or services of ABC company, with no other intended business or commercial purpose

---------------------------

Yes, you can't go out and just offer your name for sale. The buyer needs to come to you first. And best sell a site with the name as part of the offer, and not the name itself.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"Dont you know that you cant sell Dot BIZ"
Not true.Another myth that is.

This is what the policy says:

"Registering a domain name SOLEY FOR THE PURPOSES of (1) selling, trading or leasing the domain name for compensation"

Well,all it says is that if you registered it ONLY for the purpose of selling it,that alone doesn't constitute a "bonafide business or commercial use".So what?
- Well all names i register i don't reg them ONLY for the purpose of reselling but i want to develop them.Unfortunately sometimes i don't have the time for developing so i have to sell those names.:D
- Well as i have bonafide business i always plan to use my names for my bonafide.:D

Bottom line: How do they want to proove that someone registered ONLY for the purpose of reselling? Just as theoretical and ridiculous as the .us Nexus thing.
Get real.:)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
beatz,

Please be careful. Neulevel confiscated over 2000 names from this one company that put the names up for sale. Just like that.

You can follow the events at www.icann.org forums, under New TLD evalutions.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Well, with 2000 names listed for sale i agree it's a bit difficult to pretend you didn't reg them for resale only.:)

Originally posted by beatz
Well, with 2000 names listed for sale i agree it's a bit difficult to pretend you didn't reg them for resale only.:)

Beatz1 own name #1
Beatz2000 own name #2000

Now only 1 name per beatz, fair, huh. :laugh:
Please don't challenge my math.

Goh
I no nuffin.

T

Tee

Hey guys, glad yall are happy. Personally, I'm not much into biz, except for use as sites following a theme.

BTW, someone offered me money for an info, but its not for sale. Maybe they will go for the biz, should they offer me for it.

Nice ones beatz.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL@goh
I don't own those 2000 names....just to clarify:)

Beatz
I no less than nuffin (TM infringement)

T

Tee

No prob beatz. Its not hard to meet the requirements of .biz bona fide use. Just dont offer it for sale from your whois or anything (lol). Honestly, I think your names are ok, and I'm sure you probably have some killers that you are awaiting confirmation on. I think its best to go for sets of names. This way you have versatile names, names capable of income in different ways.

Good luck with your names. Generics are good.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanx for your advice,Tee :)
In fact, i just realized the registrar indeed used my default whois details which normally include a "for sale" thing.Changed that just right now.Glad you mentioned it.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators