• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

The 100 Oldest .com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great list, does anyone here own any of those?
 
If I'm correct the oldest domain name is a .net: NORDU.NET :shy:
 
I think Acroplex (Theo) owns one. I can't see it there though. He certainly owned a very very early one.
 
what was the first domain ever registered?
 
Mocus said:
what was the first domain ever registered?

1. 15-Mar-1985 SYMBOLICS.COM
 
As sdsinc pointed out - i think nordu.net is the oldest.
 
Beachie said:
As sdsinc pointed out - i think nordu.net is the oldest.

I thoght .com
yes looks like nordu.net is oldest domain ever
 
I thought this may have been yours, DCG.

42= 17-Nov-1986 OCTOPUS.COM
 
i've seen this list before, but that is just a list of .coms not .nets, so it could have been that .net. I think the first one was made as a test of the system.

EDIT: http://whois.sc/nordu.net

Created: 1985-01-01
Expires: 2008-12-31

I think that qualifys as the oldest, having been registered on new years of 85!
 
I have always thought symbolics.com would have been the first registered domain name... Well, now I know better. Thanks! :ok:
 
one of the Nov. 17 entries has a 'dash' in it.
less than 100 names in existence and the person
chose a name with a ' - '.

If you could go back and register three names at the
beginning, what would they be? Assuming that you're
back at the start of the internet, so yahoo, google, amazon
etc. haven't been started yet.
 
sex.com
insurance.com
888.com
 
I would maybe go for sex, casino and shopping.
 
how did they register domains in 80s and how much did it cost back then for a domain name per year ?
 
I believed it used to be free.
The DNS system was deployed around 1984. Companies were already using mail & FTP etc before the WWW was created.
 
No. It is not free.
ref: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc920.html


(a) initially = 50
(b) one year = 100
(c) two years = 200
(d) five years = 500

Step1: you need to submit a domain_request_form.
Step2: Fax your credit_card soft_copy to Internic.
Step3: Email Confirm you got the [Domain.com]

Best Regards,
Vincent Liao
 
Stonesoup said:
No. It is not free.
ref: http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc920.html




Step1: you need to submit a domain_request_form.
Step2: Fax your credit_card soft_copy to Internic.
Step3: Email Confirm you got the [Domain.com]

Best Regards,
Vincent Liao

You have woned many great domains.
When did you register your first domain?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom