• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

the best european ccTLD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mistermouse63

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 11, 2006
Messages
415
Reaction score
0
.de? co.uk? .eu perhaps? what would you say is the best european ccTLD for reselling at this point? what about unexplored ccTLDs in european countries that liberalised registration rules (such as Sweden, Baltics and perhaps Balkans soon; after all internet growth rates there are extremely high)?

Personally I would go for .de and co.uk. haven't seen too much type-in traffic for .eu yet.
 
i would also say .de and .co.uk are the best right now.
 
nrmillions said:
i would also say .de and .co.uk are the best right now.

Agreed. But .de nearly doubles .co.uk in number of registered domains.
 
.eu has alot of catching upto to do to even be on a level playing field.
 
nrmillions said:
i would also say .de and .co.uk are the best right now.


Agree.
Unfortunately there is too much paperwork involved when selling.
 
the most sought after cctld is .de in the whole world
 
simon said:
the most sought after cctld is .de in the whole world

In your opinion what would be the top 3 sought after ccTLD ?

1) .de
2) co.uk
3) .ca

?
 
dcristo said:
In your opinion what would be the top 3 sought after ccTLD ?

1) .de
2) co.uk
3) .ca

?

I guess .AU
 
1. .de
2. .eu
3. .co.uk
 
damn, I just realised I don`t own any .de !! That`s a shame...

Where do you advice me to reg them since I don`t speak German?

GoDaddy asks $14.49.

Anything cheaper written in English?
 
I have some at godaddy... in the time I didn't find any cheaper.
 
.au and .ca are not europeans...maybe it's just my opinion;-)
the best is (and will continue to be for a long time) .de
 
Danie| said:
.au and .ca are not europeans...maybe it's just my opinion;-)
the best is (and will continue to be for a long time) .de

Dude I'm Aussie I think I realise that :)

We were discussing best overall ccTLD's

Is the value of ccTLD extensions determined by the strength of their economies?
 
You can buy .de from Godaddy, they use a german contact to make it legal (have to be german to own .de or have a contact in Germany).

I'm not sure if you can transfer a .de from your Godaddy account, anyone know this?? It wouldn't be good for reselling, you'd have to buy it because you could use the name for something.
 
I think europe will have some great domain markets in the future. while .de will most probably remain the king in europe, other markets will emerge too. just look at the internet growth rates in the EU (http://www.internetworldstats.com/stats9.htm). i own quite a few european ccTLDs and i can see the traffic increase gradually. getting a good traffic .de domain is getting hard, while some smaller european countries offer quite unexplored markets. my guess would be that within next 3-5 we will see some very nice results in those markets.
 
You have to be an auzzy to reg .au and currently are not technically allowed to buy or sell them.

.UK open to all and some rocketing prices - www.domainprices.co.uk - cash to be had in the extension
 
Germany is the largest economy in Europe so probs the best ccTLD, but I'm from the UK and I have never once in my life typed in a domain name followed by .de

I suppose it depends on your location..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom