Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

closed Things Women Want!

This thread has been closed by the original author or DNF staff member.
Status
Not open for further replies.

THERE IS PROBABLY NOT ENOUGH ROOM IN CYBERSPACE FOR THAT MUCH INFORMATION BUT THE SEARCH ENGINES ARE LOADED!

ThingsWomenWant.com

YOUR THOUGHTS?

MBZ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Women don't know what they want.

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I'd like for everyone to work on making DNF a little more welcoming to women. It seems to have a bit of a male atmosphere to it... what with somewhat one-sided adult site stuff and frequent borderline sexist language. If we make an effort to make it a more welcoming environment, then perhaps more women will drop by and you'll find that they do know... but perhaps have not shared with you in the past? For my two cents, I think that most women and men want pretty much the same things -- respect, love, health, fellowship, nurishment, challenge, companionship, entertainment, comfort, pleasure, challenge, affirmation, honesty, inspiration, excitement, passion, joy, communication, etc.... Of course, there may be differences in the relative value of duct tape vs. shoes... Just my two cents. :)

L

lhague

.........thankyou DomeBase I have felt a little lonely since I joined a couple of weeks ago and another guy in the forum said its wise to have your photo on dnfaces.com to introduce yourself, well it hasnt worked for me!!!

.....and for MBZ comment....as a professional business lady, I know exactly what I want and I'm lucky enough to have it!

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Hi Lynne!

Welcome to DNForum. I noticed your pic on
DNFaces a while back but never saw any of
your posts.

Have fun!

:cool:
Luc L.

L

lhague

....Thanks DomainRetreiver....now to RSB1230 who just wants a straight answer for his thingsWomenWant.com..... from a womans point of view I like the name, and the reaction it started here shows it is clearly good for WomenPolitics! and all other Girlie things. As for value, I will leave that to the other gurus here as Im just learning the Domain Game myself!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by lhague
.........thankyou DomeBase I have felt a little lonely since I joined a couple of weeks ago and another guy in the forum said its wise to have your photo on dnfaces.com to introduce yourself, well it hasnt worked for me!!!

.....and for MBZ comment....as a professional business lady, I know exactly what I want and I'm lucky enough to have it!

Thank you. So you really feel welcome... I just sent donation of my DNF points to help you toward getting an avatar if you wish :) Folks tend to see those. You need a 1,000 points, but perhaps you'll get other donations too?

jalapeno

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I'd have to say that ThingsWomenWant.com might be a tough sell because women don't really want to be *told* what they want, and the name seems to imply, "Visit this site for the things WE know YOU want, whether you know it or not."

IMO, it would be better to target a site to female visitors without being so blatant about it. If you're talking "traditional" girlie stuff, sephora.com is a good example of a site which appeals to those who like that kind of thing -- skin care, perfume etc. And the name? It has no apparent meaning (and surely would have received a $0 appraisal here before being developed). If the sephora.com site were instead titled ThingsWomenWant.com, it would lose a lot of its elegance and appeal.

Gotta add -- DomeBase, you are such a nice guy! :)

Lazycash

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You could forward the domain to a penis pill affililate site, those things are selling like hotcakes.

Luc

Old school
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
lol ;)

I see that this name has attracted 103 views so far, and that tells me what I need to know, thank you for your comments!

William9

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domebase indicated: “So you [Lynne] really feel welcome... I just sent donation of my DNF points to help you toward getting an avatar”.

Wow, wow, what a wonderful thought! (Domebase’s magnanimous character lights a cold and impersonal internet.)

Ihague, it is important for this board to have your input. I do not have many points, however, I will make a symbolic donation. Please give me one hour to tie my shoes and three more to figure out the donation interface.

L

lhague

...If only you could see me blushing!! Im speechless, thank you so much and as for donating points, well, this is a very lovely gesture and honestly don't expect anyone to go to those lengths, I enjoy the challenge of earning my own and what you have earned is well deserved. Thanks again for all your nice comments....have a nice weekend

THANK YOU AGAIN, THE AMOUNT OF VIEWS ON THIS POST HAS SHOWN ME THAT THE NAME IS CATCHY ENOUGH TO CAST A SITE WITH, EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

DomeBase

Old Timer
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by RSB1230
THANK YOU AGAIN, THE AMOUNT OF VIEWS ON THIS POST HAS SHOWN ME THAT THE NAME IS CATCHY ENOUGH TO CAST A SITE WITH, EXACTLY WHAT I WAS LOOKING FOR!

Yep :) Good name.

And if you get people discussing gender roles on this thread, you may well have enough points for an avatar by mid next week :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom