Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

This is the lounge....ROLEX FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't know how DNForum.com got into the mix. I think cosmo NameBox is to blame.

Anyway, it's black. :cry:

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Ok.. ALL jokes Aside...

Dnforum.com Is out of it...

Yes it is black... But for the price, you can not go wrong... It will look real good on you.... You can always change the inside... You can find them everywhere for $100 or so... Or more..But you can change the face on it..

Ok...Since you dont like the black... $2900... FIRM.. with the difference that you saved, you can buy you a new face....

This is only for you...Everyone else it is still $4000......

Go ahead and get it.. I know you will like it....I will throw in a domain as well..

What do you think???

Not

It's Black

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Sorry SJP,

I new official Rolex dial would be at least $400 + service at Rolex USA. I'm sure a man of GregR's stature wouldn't let some hack at the watch ....

But, you can't get a Submariner S/S in any Dial color OTHER than black. Maybe GregR's been browsing through too many Fake Rolex sites ...

http://www.replicalord.com/

Check out the $35.00 Rolex Submariner Blue Face GregR. You're saving $2865.00 AND getting the dial you want! I won't tell a soul!

Nice ...... ;) ;) ;)

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I beg to differ... for I have seen a offical Rolex plate for $100. As far as changing the face, that was news to me.. I see white rolex faces for submariner's everywhere..

Ok.. I cant go any lower than 2,900... Namebox.. is that a good deal or what.. Be honest now....Say yes...

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
I beg to differ... for I have seen a offical Rolex plate for $100. As far as changing the face, that was news to me.. I see white rolex faces for submariner's everywhere..

Ok.. I cant go any lower than 2,900... Namebox.. is that a good deal or what.. Be honest now....Say yes...

Submariner S/S Dates or Non Dates are ONLY issued with black faces. End of Story. Explorer IIs come in white or black faces, and have silver dials engraved with 1-24 (24 hour dials).

Only SS/18KT Subs come in several different faces, including Black, Blue, and some pearly tones for diamond dials (yuk).

Fakes come in any dial color you want! I'm sure a man of GregR's stature must have known that S/S Subs are only Black dialed. Don't let him fool you, he's just trying to drive that price down!

I say once again, a straight trade for dnforum.com would suit both parties!

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL>...

Nope, I am at the lowest I am going to go... If it dont sell, I will just keep it.... Nice watch and good price..

Waiting on Gregr to let me know...

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
LOL>...

Nope, I am at the lowest I am going to go... If it dont sell, I will just keep it.... Nice watch and good price..

Waiting on Gregr to let me know...

Have you heard the expression ...... ".... until hell freezes over..."

Don't hold your breath, or I'll be forced to call the paramedics!

(I suggest you take some digital pics, and market it where watch buyers prowl ......)

D

DomainNameFactory

I heard of this place called eBay....ever been there SJP?

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
NameBox, ... Sounds like you know watches..

See if you can find me the origins of this watch .. with your infinite
knowledge of wrist watches.

It is a 'Kienzle' 18 Kt solid gold.. called a prestige Chronograph...
automatic movement .. stop watch .. Gold bracelet weight about
150 grams including the movement.

Looks very similar to a daytona .. the braclet looks similar as well.
i dont know it's vintage .. i would guess mid to late 80s.

Any clues on this watch .. it's excellent condition not mint no papers burgandy face with a units per hour gold bezel .. i want 3K for it US. $$$

I just dont never heard of that brand before in a wrist watch, i have heard of it as a clock maker .. maybe you have some insight into the history of Kienzle.

Thx.net .. in advance.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
Guess He can not find the past on that watch..

Actually, my dnforum notifications weren't working for a couple of days, a too agressive spam filter on my server :), so I didn't receive notice of Americar's post.

I know the company. Kienzle dates back to 1822, and used to make up to 5 million watches per year as far back as the 1910s - 1920s. It was a German company, which produced on the Kienzle name since the 1890's. They make reasonable watches now, from $100 - $1000.00 USD, which are quite popular in Italy. Kienzle Italia is the actual producer now (since the late 1980's), and makes the popular ATLANTIS automatic oversize model(which is like a Luminor Panerai for you afficianados out there at 1/25th the price).

There is a real disconnect from the new line and the "old" Kienzle. I can't comment on your watch specifically without seeing a picture. Given the historical significance of the company in Germany, it is most often sought out by German collectors.

Good luck with your watch. If you want to send me a picture, go ahead, and I'll attempt to date the watch for you.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I guess he does know his watches..

My Rolex is still for sale... .$3,000 Firm....

Any Buyers out there

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
OOPSSSSSS... I forgot.. It is still $2900...But that deal was only to
GregR..Remeber.????

But I will work with anyone... Since GregR dont have the money, Then we will start it back at $3000 and we will be back down to $2900....LOL

Any Buyers

D

DomainNameFactory

It sounds likes a nice watch and I wish you the best selling it. You may want to try eBay...lots of watches sold there.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
SJP,

Take some digital pics of the watch dial, watch back, buckle inside, buckle clasp, outer box, innner box, warranty card, papers, and accessories (Sub Anchor) etc.

Wouldn't hurt it you could verify the serial number as well (that it is in tact and what the range is (this would date the watch). Verify it physically on the watch, not from the documents alone.

Ebay is fine, but of course you pay commissions, and it might not be "easy" to get near $3K there ....

AMERICAR

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks .. NameBox ..

You certainly know your watches .. i don't really want to sell it ..
but the history is interesting ... i will see if i can find a harder one
for you to identify.

:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators