Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

This is the lounge....ROLEX FOR SALE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
LOL ... it's not even the weekend yet--and you guys are busting the place up. :laugh:

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by gregr
I think the NameBox personality is more sophisticated. :D

It is true that NameBox is swishy.

:dead:

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
OK, at the snap of my fingers, we want NameBox back. He needs to provide an answer for sjp. :D

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

My understanding is that with multiples each personality can have their own knowledge base. Psychology experts, correct me if I'm wrong. :D

This is true. In 1990, I spent a good six months studying this super deluxe anomaly: Multiple personalities have differing allergies depending on the personality in play, yet allergies are supposed to be fully biochemical reactions, "set" as it were in the body and not related to emotions.

Which is why, sometimes when I wake up hungover after drinking a magnum of Dominus...

http://www.winecommune.com/lot.cfm/lotID/179520.html

....I find myself suddently and inexplicably attracted to those little solar yellow green candies in my dentist's office.

Then both personalities proceed to throw up.

Who knew?

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
Namebox

What should I expect to get out of this Rolex.. Meaning USD...$$$

thanks

Firstly, I assume PacificTime.com (aka AtlanticTime.com) since you mentioned that you received a Rolex valed at $4K for the sale of the AT domain. Check out the thread here:

http://dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6954

Lots of grey market watch dealers (like PT/AT) purchase from registered dealers, whether originally "new" or extra fine/mint. New means NEVER worn, and purchased DIRECTLY from an authorized dealer. Second or third hand is properly described as Like New, Never Worn, Box, Papers, (and the state of the signed or unsigned warranty), which must be dated according to the franchise agreement between the auth. dealer and Rolex.

Your watch would fetch approx. 2600 - 3000 USD in my opinion, if the serial number indicates a 2001/2002 model. Rolex auth. dealers are now easily discounting S/S models (depending on scarcity) at 25-35% inclusive of taxes. The price you are asking would EASILY net someone the far more expensive Sub Date 18KT/SS mint 2000-2002 model, from a reputable watch dealer.

You are asking full pop for the watch. Forget about the fact that Authorized dealers are discounting the watches to a price BELOW what you are asking, and that Rolexes, along with every other high end watch, are significantly lower at MSRP in Europe vs. the USA, etc. (not too mention the insane discounting in HK or Singapore).

My opinion, wear it and enjoy it, or feel good if you can get around $3K. You aren't a dealer, so anyone you sell to certainly wouldn't have any recourse if something went badly.

By the way, with very rare exceptions, Rolexes do not appreciate in price. They will hold their value quite well (if you didn't overpay), and over the LONG term maybe 20 years start approaching retail of their era, as MSRP rises with inflation.

I purchase quite a few Daytona Cosmographs in 1983 for a pittance (retailers were begging consumers to take away what was then an out of favor watch). Let's assume that I paid about $1 - 1.5K USD per Daytona in 1983. These watches in fact, increased in value 6- 9 times over the course of the past 20 years.

No one wanted an Explorer II Orange Hand "McQueen" model in the early mid 1990's, preferring the White faced or Black faced newer red hand verion (referring to the 24 hour hand). You could buy them for $2k easy or less. Now they've fetched an easy $6K-$7K because they are in fashion in Japan, etc. (I am talking used prices, mint).

At the same time, purchase retail for a SS/18KT Datejust (much favoured by the Yanks!) was approx. $1800 USD while now it is $6K pre discount. Sub Dates 18KT/SS increased at retail by $3K alone over the past 10 years at MSRP, so Rolex's contant increase of MSRP drags the value of older watches upwards, sometimes over the long hall to their original MSRP prices. So you have to buy smart!

Best of luck in any event.

:D

BTW, Any other watch lovers in these forums?

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
That is way tooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooomuch for me....

I would assume out of all that, you mean I could fetch 3,000 USD....

WOW>>>I had to read that 3xxxxxxxx

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a Timex. It glows a cool blue color in the dark when you push the button.

I like to push buttons and see colors. :D :razz: :D

Fearless

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
In other words, I'll give you 2K. After all, you only have about $10 invested in the watch. :)

D

DomainNameFactory

I like my TAG better than the Rolex. Rolex watches are too big.

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
OK, at the snap of my fingers, we want NameBox back. He needs to provide an answer for sjp. :D

NameBox already provided his valuation Manifesto. Must have been telepathically reading the Chief Banana's mind ....

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by DomainNameFactory
I like my TAG better than the Rolex. Rolex watches are too big.

Being small wristed has never been my problem :D

By the way, Tag Heuer lover, do you know that Tiger Woods just signed up as a Tag Heuer ambassador? He will be wearing the LINK Chronograph.

He used to endorse Rolex's Tudor line, with a namesake Chrono.

BTW, Tag doesn't manufacture anything. It brands watches. Movements, cases, dials, etc., are made by the Swatch Group (world's biggest high end watch and movement producer).

TAG also stands for Techniques D'Avant Garde the holding company of a Saudi Arabian family which purchased it out of virtual bankruptcy in the 1980's. So you are supporting some Arab Sheik in the Gulf every time you check the time ... :D

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
(I have a Timex. It glows a cool blue color in the dark when you push the button

I got 10.00 on it.. Can any one beat that/????? for the Timex....

I will let me Rolex go for $3,000 USD...... I can go to the Rolex dealer right here In Atlanta Ga and you could not get one for less than $4100..... I have been there.... I have more than $10 invested in the names.

I have $20 invested in it...Get it right....lol

Any one want it for $3000.......... First come first serve.....

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
In other words, I'll give you 2K. After all, you only have about $10 invested in the watch. :)

If he forgets to "nenew" it, do you think that I could pick it up through Snapnames.com?

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Should I trade all my domains for a ROLEX explorer SS?

I dont know... I have 100+ names now.... That watch is only worth around $2,000 acording to Rolex..... I should be able to get $2000 out of my names,, Shouldn't I ?????

I also have a cartier watch...$3999.00 ....But that one is not for sale... What do you think about the cartier,,,Name Box????

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by sjp
Should I trade all my domains for a ROLEX explorer SS?

I dont know... I have 100+ names now.... That watch is only worth around $2,000 acording to Rolex..... I should be able to get $2000 out of my names,, Shouldn't I ?????

I also have a cartier watch...$3999.00 ....But that one is not for sale... What do you think about the cartier,,,Name Box????

The Explorer I (the Edmuch Hilary watch) is not worth $2K. Its worth much more, and is very hard to get. That watch actually sold for $500 - $1000 USD OVER retail, with most going to Japan.

The Explorer II is worth what a Sub Date is (MSRP being virtually the same).

Cartier's (what model by the way), actually retain a high percentage of their value. I would put it at Patek, Rolex, Cartier (depending on model). Again, in my experience, discounts of 35% of MSRP should not be uncommon.

sjp

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Gregr.....

Ok.. you won.. You can Have the Rolex at $3000 USD....

How do you want to handle the transaction????

NameBox

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Thanks to NameBox I'm getting a Rolex for 2K. :)

GregR, I'm shocked that you aren't already an owner. Being a Texan, I see you a little like L.B.J. (for whom the Rolex Day-Date aka the "President" or "Presidential" was named, sporting a nice chunky all 18KT model.

Except, I see you sporting a pave diamond encrusted version for that total bling bling effect .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

URL Shortener
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators