Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

cctld Thug.ca-Buy Generic CA - $30 min. this Sat.19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:pop2:

Domain Summit 2024

onlinestoreca

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I hate to see Tedgeman not get the most money possible. I think that if the lower bidders are willing to match or maybe go $10 higher than what Domainatrix is saying, the lower bidders should be able to win the auction. I'm hoping some people will jump in here and comment, if I'm the only one, then too bad for me. Ultimately it is up to Tedgeman, and I have no problem with whatever is decided.

Hey Namefox, that's pretty damn funny! (the popcorn eating guy)

I have to go, I'll check in later.

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

I am thinking kinda of serious here and this comes up...
but a did enjoy the smile :)
Back to business hmmm...

Domainatrix $400 for professors.ca "no $ amount posted so, Disqualified bid"flatulence.ca" - "no $ amount posted so, Disqualified bid "sportmanship.ca"
If non payment from Domainatrix then, Niceguy $250 professors

onlinestoreca $50 for flatulence.ca

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No one is going to be totally happy with the outcome here, but Dominatrix totally messed up this auction with the unclear bid. I'm NOT saying she did it on purpose - I can see by her time stamp that she was obviously trying to get it in prior to the end of the auction.....

My second last bid was via my mobile phone, so when I arrived at my desk - a few moments before the auction was to close - I looked at the bids and bid appropriately based on the current bids. There was Domianatrix's messed up 400 bid on three names - or 400 each....and a bid from 220 - so I increased my bid to 250 and hit post. It was unlikely - (possible - but unlikely) that someone would have bid double the previous bid with one minute to go in the auction for one of the names. (I could more easily believe that if it was ebay "proxy" style bid - but this is not the kind of style this auction was)

If the $400 messed up bid was clear - I would have bid appropriately to win the auction (I know I can't "prove" this now - but we are here because a bid was not placed properly at the end of the auction).

It's an unfortunately unfair situation for everybody....

I'm good to go with whatever the seller decides - but there probably needs to be some good discussion around this and how it should be handled/avoided in the future.

domainatrix

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Once again, I apologize if my bidding did not follow the proper protocol. I have never actively bid on a domain in this format on this forum; kind of a live auction with a deadline. In any event, my thinking was that my message format was clear in posting, "$400 for professors.ca - flatulent.ca - sportmanship.ca" meaning $400 for all three. Since no one bid on sportmanship, it wouldn't be logical to assume I was bidding $400 for each domain. Also, since the previous bids were $200, $50, and $50, or $300 all together, I assumed a $400 bid would be sufficient for the 3 domain. It was not clear that bids could not be made on more than one domain at a time. In any event, when more bids started coming in, I thought I would quickly post the offers by domain. This post came a couple of minutes later...

For reference, are there rules or any clear protocol in this type of deadline sale?

Thanks,
Jen

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Domainatrix your payment was received so, Professors.ca is sold Thank You

niceguy

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No - niceguy did not get the domain. Mistakes and "forensic" opportunities caused it to be sold to someone else.

spidergoat

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I am thinking kinda of serious here and this comes up...
but a did enjoy the smile :)
Back to business hmmm...

Domainatrix $400 for professors.ca "no $ amount posted so, Disqualified bid"flatulence.ca" - "no $ amount posted so, Disqualified bid "sportmanship.ca"
If non payment from Domainatrix then, Niceguy $250 professors

Very confused here. the seller above rightly disqualified all the domainatrix bids, yet still took the sale from her for professors.ca. Not only that, but then took flatulence.ca away from her and resold it to someone else. This was not handled properly at all and niceguy was treated very unfairly. (I guess nice guys really do always finish last.) I hope the moderators look at this because it is not good for buyers or sellers on this board.

Provider

www.mike.ca
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We can't expect a moderator to police every single thread, we have to expect fairness
from the members. It happenned many times before, people will try to play games in
order to make more money.

Namefox

Namefox
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
:noidea:

RazorNF

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'd have to agree, this whole thing doesn't seem cool...

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Today Sat 19 .CA domain sale ends 2:pm EST:

Generic CA Domains $30 min.
Post your min $30 offer via this thread, with the domain you choose, not by pm. Each domain will be sold with the min. offer of $30 Canadian, use icrements of $10. min to up the offer. This sale ends on Saturday 01/19/2008 at 2:00 pm Eastern Time Zone.
Payments via Paypal within 48 hours or the next offer below, will be considered for the sale.
All domains are at NamesPro.ca, the buyer pays any fees incurred from the name change or the transfer from the present register.

Note: Each domain posted must have a $ value bid beside it to qualify. Example $400 -Streetcars $300-tvdinner (blank) - parameter.
Here Streetcars for $400 and tvdinner for $300 accepted but parameter, would be disqualifed as no $ value posted.

This is the best, I can do, to explain the reason for the decision made in the previous sale. Due your own research for any tm or other issues.
Hope you guys find some treasure domains in this new list.

Thug.ca

Vcrs.ca

Pedo.ca

Quart.ca

Ordain.ca

Harlem.ca

Lassie.ca

Squats.ca

Serpent.ca

Hoodlums.ca

Supremacy.ca

Matchmake.ca

Gymnasiums.ca

Declaration.ca

Carbohydrate.ca

Weatherbureau.ca

Latterdaysaints.ca

Publictelevision.ca

whitebark

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
thug 50

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
These are not!... for the Saturday 19 sale, but are available today on a first come first serve basis. These domains are on my drop list, $12 each, buyer pays any fees to register or registrant change, or both. Due your research for any tm or other issues.

staph.ca ................2 JAN 08 expire
mexicanhairless.ca......18 JAN 08 expire
Scotchterrier.ca........18 JAN 08 expire
rottweiller.ca..........18 JAN 08 expire
tabacco.ca..............18 JAN 08 expire
snowmobiletrailer.ca....18 JAN 08 expire
circuses.ca.............21 JAN 08 expire
sourcecodes.ca..........21 JAN 08 expire
edmunton.ca.............24 JAN 08 expire
cnnn.ca.................24 JAN 08 expire
parkanfly.ca............24 JAN 08 expire
jamband.ca..............24 JAN 08 expire
sportvillage.ca.........24 JAN 08 expire
druges.ca...............24 JAN 08 expire
apperal.ca..............24 JAN 08 expire
periodontaldisease.ca...25 JAN 08 expire
saintlawrence.ca........25 JAN 08 expire

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
edmunton.ca and sportvillage.ca SOLD

Tedgeman

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
for sale $12 womensclothingshop.ca Expire 2007/12/20

This domain goes to the drop services this Saturday night, so this offer is only good for 3 days, buy on a first come basis.

Just got an email saying it expired today from my account at 01/18/08 09:21 PM, I thought it had 2 more days left, anyways I,m sure it will get snapped, almost all my .ca drops do ! Goodbye womensclothingshop.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom