Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
  • You must be a member of DNForum for a minimum of 30 days and have contributed to the community prior to being allowed to post an offer or create a new discussion of an affiliate program. This notice will disappear when your account is eligible.

You may also contact support if you feel you are receiving this message in error.
Domain summit 2024

TM domain+ natural traffic: how to monetize under the radar

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmllc

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Hey y'all,

I recently caught an expired domain that has a trademark concern, but gets good traffic, and I'm trying to figure out how best to monetize.

The domain is essentially 1 character different from a domain owned by a certain very well known online auction company - add a dash in between 2 words and there you are. ("name-section.com")

Ordinarily I add my caught drops to Sedo to see what traffic looks like, but of course Sedo disallowed it due to the trademark issue, so I pointed it to my Amazon account with a tracking ID. Looks like it gets ~2,000-3,000 quality type-ins; and bear in mind this is a very specific category.

The optimal thing to do, I think, would be to redirect traffic directly to the appropriate section at the auction company using my account with the "auctionpartnernetwork;" however I'm afraid that by listing my domain with them it will alert them to its existence and it may be taken. Similarly, I'm pretty sure that trying to go thru CJ also requires the Auction company to approve referring sites.

So...any suggestions? Hate to waste this valuable traffic.
DM

Domain summit 2024
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators