• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

TM's and Typo's now worthless?

Status
Not open for further replies.
stuff said:
hitfarm banned many, not only tm-d ones also some with "bad" words in them, like satan.com
was it overture who banned them or was it hitfarm?

Well I sold satan.com to one of the owners of hitfarm if that helps.

-=DCG=-
 
GT Web said:
I know you are completely correct, but give me a little credit too. I spent 25 posts arguing against Mocus that the myspace typos arent really worth all that much and he kept explaining how easy they were to monetize :rolleyes:
Oh alright, you can have a little credit too. :laugh:
 
Just curious what PPC sites use Overture? I know DS, Sedo, and Fab don't.
 
Wonder what do LaPorte Holdings think about this :D
Coincidentally number of Vertical Axis domains went from 10,809 to 9,058 in one week?

webhosting.info/webhosts/reports/total_domains/verticalaxis.com

Nevertheless, real traffic (and that incl. TM typos) will never be worthless.
 
sasquatch said:
Wonder what do LaPorte Holdings think about this :D
Coincidentally number of Vertical Axis domains went from 10,809 to 9,058 in one week?

webhosting.info/webhosts/reports/total_domains/verticalaxis.com

Nevertheless, real traffic (and that incl. TM typos) will never be worthless.

They won't be worthless just harder to turn a profit on.

-=DCG=-
 
DotComGod said:
They won't be worthless just harder to turn a profit on.

-=DCG=-

Frankly I'd rather redirect my TM typo traffic to my different websites, various brands, product pages or related affiliates than to PPC providers who pay two cents per click.
 
I'll be fairly shocked if TM'ed names get banned from all domain parking programs.

The traffic is quality traffic - it is valuable and I feel that there will always be a way to monetize it.
 
TM......Shmee 'em..they won't ever ban all typos or TM's unless they are from the big boys...theres just too much money involved...a vast majority of clicks come from misguided traffic..
 
Traffic from TM names could always be redirected to non-TM names and the referrer url removed so that it couldn't be tracked by the parking service.
 
The more people get nervous, the cheaper the typos will get ;-) anyone here willing to sell at discounted prices already?
 
I would think that if I owned a TM and someone was making profit from a typo I could sue all profiteers. That would include the parking company not just the domain registrar. I don't believe a parking company is an ISP but something like this could easily shake up the big players enough to simply dump all TMs' and typos of TMs. I could see this coming and I normally post a negative outlook for parked names. Development is where it's at. 5 years ago it was about the eyeballs and customer retention..I think we will go full circle and if you don't have developed sites your income will greatly suffer. If yahoo can get YPN kicking correctly it can truely help the market for site owners. Even Chitika, if it lasts, can push revenue and competition in the market. Yahoo and Adsense could go to war attracting webmasters and giving out bigger and bigger commissions. The same happened in parking when more companies entered the market. Problem now is the fraud. I believe fraud is less likely with developed sites and there may come a time when every site is approved before it's allowed to add ads.

Well it surely will be an interesting year no matter what.
 
labrocca said:
If yahoo can get YPN kicking correctly it can truely help the market for site owners.

Well it surely will be an interesting year no matter what.
What is incorrect about YPN? I love it!
 
Jonathan said:
Traffic from TM names could always be redirected to non-TM names and the referrer url removed so that it couldn't be tracked by the parking service.


ahhhhhhhhh, the good old masked double redirect....gotta love it
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom