Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Todays Pickups - Nitricoxide.xyz And .us

solotitan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Picked up NitricOxide.xyz and NitricOxide.us today.

1. Nitric oxide
    Pharmaceutical
  2. Nitric oxide, or nitrogen oxide, also known as nitrogen monoxide, is a molecule with chemical formula NO. It is a free radical and is an important intermediate in the chemical industry.

CPC = $1.42
Competition = High
Average Monthly Searches = 110,000
.com estimated value of = $220,000

Domain summit 2024

DomainDep.com

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why in the world did you buy the name ?

solotitan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
why in the world did you buy the name ?

Not to mention the things I've already listed like Average Monthly Searches and CPC, the supplement market is a huge booming business and I see good end user potential on these names being that every other extension from COM to Biz is registered. Not to mention what people are asking for other domains relating to Nitric Oxide such as:

nitricoxides.com - $2,994
oxidemedia.com - $2,295
nitricoxidediscovery.com - $2,000

I don't put a lot of weight into Estibot figures but it's interesting to note that it gives the following stats for the keyword:

Average Monthly Search Stats - Broad Match

Monthly Searches: 245,220
Cost Per Click: $60.25 USD
Ad Competition: high
Data Age: Recent

Average Monthly Search Stats - Exact Match

Monthly Searches: 49,410
Cost Per Click: $60.25 USD
Ad Competition: high
Data Age: Recent

There's a potential market to make a profit on these which is pretty good since I reg'd them for next to nothing.

Thank you.

Last edited:

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I don't put a lot of weight into Estibot figures but it's interesting to note that it gives the following stats for the keyword:

There's a potential market to make a profit on these which is pretty good since I reg'd them for next to nothing.

Thank you.

obviously you give weight to bot, or else you wouldn't have posted the results.

also, what sellers "ask" for a domain, does not make it worth the price, nor does any potential value transfer to the .whatevers or cctld's for that term or phrase.

and until the .com sells, then is there really a viable market for this substance?

imo...

solotitan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
obviously you give weight to bot, or else you wouldn't have posted the results.

also, what sellers "ask" for a domain, does not make it worth the price, nor does any potential value transfer to the .whatevers or cctld's for that term or phrase.

and until the .com sells, then is there really a viable market for this substance?

imo...

It's truly like me cherry picking one of your names and asking, well... why on earth would you buy AfricanClothingAndArt.com It's not like this term is being searched on a regular basis... Clothing and Art is such random terms mashed together. No way you could ever monetize these in the form of parking... Gonna be hard pressed in finding a market where people are actively searching out African Clothing + Art... what were you thinking? But I'm not gonna do that, you had some kind of screwed up reason at the time and you made the purchase, you don't need to go through a myriad of metrics explaining to me why you did. I don't care. I hope you do sell it. You just need to make sure that if you're going to give your opinion you have something worth weight to back it up - I mean fuel typo domains ..... What? Really? ... IMO I'm sure you get all the sales!!

P.S. Your site's portfolio table blows out at domainlist21.html - so basically no names after F are reachable by your end users, you may want to fix that.

Last edited:

Poker

Domains
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
First decide if you actually want feedback on a recent buy. If you don't, then don't post in this section. Simple math really.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's truly like me cherry picking one of your names and asking, well... why on earth would you buy AfricanClothingAndArt.com It's not like this term is being searched on a regular basis... Clothing and Art is such random terms mashed together. No way you could ever monetize these in the form of parking... Gonna be hard pressed in finding a market where people are actively searching out African Clothing + Art... what were you thinking? But I'm not gonna do that, you had some kind of screwed up reason at the time and you made the purchase, you don't need to go through a myriad of metrics explaining to me why you did. I don't care. I hope you do sell it. You just need to make sure that if you're going to give your opinion you have something worth weight to back it up - I mean fuel typo domains ..... What? Really? ... IMO I'm sure you get all the sales!!

P.S. Your site's portfolio table blows out at domainlist21.html - so basically no names after F are reachable by your end users, you may want to fix that.

glad you took some time to retaliate. :)

last month @ DS:
africanclothingandart.com 55 16 29.09% $0.12 $35.72 $1.96 < it pays for it's renewal fee

past stats @ sedo:
africanclothingandart.com 2,999 1,271 112.68 USD 42.38 % 0.09 USD 37.57 USD

as for the portfolio site, yeah it needs updating, which is slowly being done.

went back and found stats @ sedo for that fuel typo too:
icon_deleteitem.gif
feul.net 425 50 19.81 USD 11.76 % 0.40 USD 46.62 USD
I dropped it a while back though

Thanks

Last edited:

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
My position on the new gTLDs remains the same as last year: only register domains where keyword+gTLD make sense.

solotitan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
First decide if you actually want feedback on a recent buy. If you don't, then don't post in this section. Simple math really.

I actually really like "constructive criticism" and "feedback" unfortunately there isn't any as of yet to be revealed, it's more like short bursts of statements that come across as arrogant.

glad you took some time to retaliate. :)

last month @ DS:
africanclothingandart 55 16 29.09% $0.12 $35.72 $1.96 < it pays for it's renewal fee

past stats @ sedo:
africanclothingandart 2,999 1,271 112.68 USD 42.38 % 0.09 USD 37.57 USD

as for the portfolio site, yeah it needs updating, which is slowly being done.

went back and found stats @ sedo for that fuel typo too:
icon_deleteitem.gif
feul 425 50 19.81 USD 11.76 % 0.40 USD 46.62 USD
I dropped it a while back though

Thanks

With africanclothingandart.com it's strange to me how you was able to drive traffic to this? I'd love to know really. I just don't see how it's possible without it having a good strong keyword specific basis that's searched out on a monthly basis. Judging by these stats I could literally park my entire portfolio at sedo and walk away from my day job.

The "fuel" typo - why did you drop it? Wasn't it something that was going to make you some money? I believe you thought that at one time and decided ehh I'll let it drop after a while. The point that I'm trying to make here is that you use some kind of process in your mind to accept names into your portfolio or drop names from it, just as I do. I'm willing to experiment with Nitric Oxide given the fact that it's heavily talked about in the Supplement Business and the words rank really good with Google. It's registered in a new gTLD yes, but I believe given time and with the right SEO setup done correctly you could get either of these domains to the top of any search engine and monetize in products, traffic etc. etc. People are actively reading about Nitric Oxide in body mags and forums - actively searching out the term and buying products related to it. That's why I made my decision, a cheap one at that. If I make money great, if I don't well I'm fine with that too. Chalk it up to a learning experience and move on.

Thanks

My position on the new gTLDs remains the same as last year: only register domains where keyword+gTLD make sense.

Is that position only specific to gTLD's?

solotitan

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yes, gTLDs are so far unproven. XYZ is at the bottom layer of the pyramid.

I agree, really too soon to tell though. I could see them being used for generating traffic through searches if they are able to rank any of the search engines in the meantime.

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I actually really like "constructive criticism" and "feedback" unfortunately there isn't any as of yet to be revealed, it's more like short bursts of statements that come across as arrogant.

With africanclothingandart.com it's strange to me how you was able to drive traffic to this? I'd love to know really. I just don't see how it's possible without it having a good strong keyword specific basis that's searched out on a monthly basis. Judging by these stats I could literally park my entire portfolio at sedo and walk away from my day job.

The "fuel" typo - why did you drop it? Wasn't it something that was going to make you some money? I believe you thought that at one time and decided ehh I'll let it drop after a while. The point that I'm trying to make here is that you use some kind of process in your mind to accept names into your portfolio or drop names from it, just as I do.

Thanks

if you take emotion out of the equation, then arrogance would not be factor that blocks the intent of the reply.

still, with "africanclothing", I purchased that domain from another dnf member years ago, when "Yahoo's Overture tool" was still active.
the domain had overture results with extension, that's why it still gets type-in traffic today.

same with the feul typo, at the time, it too had overture results with extension.
those and many other domain acquisitions were based on overture results, long before Google was dominant search engine and before the bot was created.

imo....

Belal.com

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I think nitric.xyz which is available may be a better option . Personally I wouldn't gamble on .xyz unless it has a learning/school related keyword associated with it.

Mr. Deleted

DNForum.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I miss OVT.

Yes, gTLDs are so far unproven. XYZ is at the bottom layer of the pyramid.
Agreed, but as with all things, if I am not mistaken, most of the xyz customers are Asian, and they make more sense to them than a .com. Not that the Chinese wont buy .coms, but it makes less sense to them to type .com.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators