Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Too crowded - Too many junk names

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can we create a 'Bargain Counter' forum so people can list names $100 and under - include both fixed prices and taking offers?

You post a thread in the sales forum and 2 hours later it is buried to the ground.
The majority of the threads are low price names.

Just a thought!

Now your turn to express your opinion.

John

Upvote 0

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Ok i will get looked into.

Domain Summit 2024

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Making the mentioned forums longer would also help alot imho. Atleast the first page so your thread isnt on page 2 in 2 hours.

a good point

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Making the mentioned forums longer would also help alot imho. Atleast the first page so your thread isnt on page 2 in 2 hours.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page is used specific option in User CP Edit Options..
U can change it to 30 -40-50-100 .

Default for forum is 30..

Also if the name is good it will sell on second-third page also . if its not worth it wont sell.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree a new forum for $100 under was good maybe even higher.

I also strongly feel a TRUE premium section is required, I only try to offer $XXXX-$XXXXXX names and time after time they are lost in 1 hr under pure crap.

Adam, make a new " premium " section for names over $5k ( not $1k its too low ). Make me the mod for that forum, Ill review each name and accept or reject. We really need a forum like this desperately.

PRED

Level 11
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Number of Posts to Show Per Page is used specific option in User CP Edit Options..

sounds good.
had a look.
buggered if i can see how? :?:

Seraphim

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Great, now every domain that comes through the forum just went up in value to $101.00. :D

HasRob

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score

Also if the name is good it will sell on second-third page also . if its not worth it wont sell.

I had no idea admin, will change now. Thx!

That said, shouldnt the default be longer for everyone else who doesnt know like potential buyers? I mean, I ve been here a year and didnt know this til now. Thanks again!

Johnn

Administrator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I agree a new forum for $100 under was good maybe even higher.

I also strongly feel a TRUE premium section is required, I only try to offer $XXXX-$XXXXXX names and time after time they are lost in 1 hr under pure crap.

Adam, make a new " premium " section for names over $5k ( not $1k its too low ). Make me the mod for that forum, Ill review each name and accept or reject. We really need a forum like this desperately.

I would call this 'The Lonely Forum' as you can predict how many names will be listed there and how may people can afford to buy them.

scorpio

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Domains for sale (Domain Sales) - Fixed Prices Under 100$

Has been moved below Fixed prices above 100$ and the first page thread of domains below 100$ have been moved to the new area.

GAMEFINEST

PURE SAVAGE
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would like a margarita ....shaken...not stirred..

thx

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Doesn't this thread belong in "Suggestions"

Mr. Pim

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Good idea, there is too much crap for sale.

TheLegendaryJP

Level 9
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would call this 'The Lonely Forum' as you can predict how many names will be listed there and how may people can afford to buy them.

Well, it is in spirts BUT I predict easily half a dozen LLL dot coms, LL com/net/org, generic one words and two word combos with traffic and keywords every 2 weeks or so. It would be my first stop every login. We could even go $1500 and up and allow some generic .net and LLL .net's.

I say spread out among crap doesnt give you the whole picture. :)

mattbodis

Bodis.com
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
We should have a forum with High Priced Domains that are worth $1000 and up, and these threads must only be approved by moderators which would approve the fact that the domains are worth atleast $1000 wholesale.

This IMO would be the best idea.

The thing is, that $100 idea was good but $100 is a limit too low. It would be nice to have $1000+ wholesale Offers Wanted type of forum.

Or how about a forum where domains are for sale worth $10,000 and up? This can really help out some of the people with bigger domains on this forum. So overall, there should be like 3 forums. Domains $1-$1000, $1000+, and $10,000+, the latter 2 should be by approval only.

Raider

Level 9
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
let more idea's come out so we can be more business focused.

I suggested an auction in real time a while back, and it received no feedback from management and plenty of feedback from members that wanted it.......This is what we really need on this forum.

thevirtual

Level 10
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Possible solution: Have users pay a fee, possibly with DNF$, to Highlight a thread. This way you will be able to feature a thread if you have the budget. Noone will bother featuring a thread for $XX if they are selling for below $XXX.

cheers

Focus

Making Everything Click
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
phased out? as in it will cease to exist? what happens to the people with F$? will there be a "buy back"?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom