• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Too much for my heart to bear...

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is actually no religious mileage in the concept of 'man's inhumanity to man' -- a phrase I have quoted before and (as of consequence) enjoyed a lambasting. So, please don't bring any type of 'commandment' or 'as laid down in "the book"' stuff here. It's unfortunately man's trait as an animal at the top of the food chain to; as always, be the culprit. And now we're going to shoot all the Kruger elephants.
 
So, please don't bring any type of 'commandment' or 'as laid down in "the book"' stuff here.

And thus it was written by Azooza...

Actually, putting "please" in the Ten Commandments would have been much more polite.

Better yet, I always like the "Thank you for not smoking" instead of "no smoking" signs.....

"Thank you for not killing."
 
Yeah. I try to keep away from the proverbial 'bashing' and thumping'. Keep it real and not ethereal.
Trying to keep it real from the outset simply by conveying my feelings regarding a horrible situation. Afterall, those were my feelings. Things just got compounded and more complex as it went along. No harm, no foul.

Should have listened to my pappy..."Never discuss politics and religion in public."

Wise man. Long before the internet. I think the word "discuss" can also be substituted with the word "post".
 
unless your a believer..


Oh my... the devil in me...
Ole, "believer" in what exactly? :smilewinkgrin:

See what I said about (read: the juxtapostion) of 'real' and 'ethereal'.

In other words, make a call as to what's realism and idealism.
 
Good grief... someone check jberryhill's backyard for buried Jehovah's witnesses.
 
Ole, "believer" in what exactly? :smilewinkgrin:

See what I said about (read: the juxtapostion) of 'real' and 'ethereal'.

In other words, make a call as to what's realism and idealism.

That was my point!

The Devil in me is the unreal in other who knows.. A psychological flaw?
 
Should have listened to my pappy..."Never discuss politics and religion in public."

I don't mind it as long as people don't get too personally upset about it.

I did mission work as a teenager and spent years as a Sunday school teacher in an evangelical church. I was a rootin' tootin' Bible banger for years.

I'm not part of that culture anymore, but it's fun stuff to kick around with intelligent folks, whatever they might believe.
 
I was a rootin' tootin' Bible banger for years.

I'm not part of that culture anymore, but it's fun stuff to kick around with intelligent folks, whatever they might believe.
Ditto. A late 60's Jesus Freak here. Weird time to grow up, world a different place, Nam and all. We all fall out of grace but retrospective at some point in our lives and careers.
 
Ditto. A late 60's Jesus Freak here.

Oh, well, dang... I've been wasting my time. I only get credit from the boss for new souls.

You would really enjoy Edmund Cohen's _The Mind of the Bible Believer_

http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Bible-Believer-Edmund-Cohen/dp/0879754958

The first half of the book is so-so, but the second half of the book, while a little overblown in parts, is a really good read for anyone who has ever tried to maintain the mindset needed for certain quarters of Christian belief.
 
A lot of mainstream American Christianity that I've encountered, was the extremely intense, in your face type, almost sectish. European forms seem really low key by comparison, much more personal.
 
Oh, well, dang... I've been wasting my time. I only get credit from the boss for new souls.
...and "reclaimed" souls.

I'll check out that book. And if you are not familiar with this:

http://www.amazon.com/Late-Great-Pl...=pd_bbs_2/103-2381046-1987039?ie=UTF8&s=books

Blew me away. Saw Hal Lindsey speak on a couple of occasions. The premise is imagine when John wrote the Book of Revelations he was viewing the end times but describing what he saw thousands of years in advance...and how to describe what he was seeing in terminology of his time and making comparisons to what he was familiar with...not knowing how to accurately descibe our lives and technology today. Thought provoking to say the least.

DOH, religion in public again. :doh:

Have a good rest of the evening.

Off to work.
 
I don't mind it as long as people don't get too personally upset about it.

I did mission work as a teenager and spent years as a Sunday school teacher in an evangelical church. I was a rootin' tootin' Bible banger for years.

I'm not part of that culture anymore, but it's fun stuff to kick around with intelligent folks, whatever they might believe.


That makes two of us!
 
A lot of mainstream American Christianity that I've encountered, was the extremely intense, in your face type, almost sectish. European forms seem really low key by comparison, much more personal.

Most of the UK congregations tailed off when Garden Centres started opening on Sundays ;) Sad, but true
Tea & Tiffin anybody? :-#:
 
Most of the UK congregations tailed off when Garden Centres started opening on Sundays ;) Sad, but true
Tea & Tiffin anybody? :-#:

:lol:

I'd never made that connection before...

And Mr Berryhill - those pictures we've seen of you at TRAFFIC in full Papal gear; did you know it was fancy dress, or did you just get the dates mixed up ?
 
Most of the UK congregations tailed off when Garden Centres started opening on Sundays

Heh. Sowing the good seed, are they?

I always get a chuckle out of the laws in many US locales under which bars and liquor stores must be closed on Sunday.

What's the point of that, really? To limit public indulgence in too many dangerous addictions on one day?
 
Heh. Sowing the good seed, are they?

I always get a chuckle out of the laws in many US locales under which bars and liquor stores must be closed on Sunday.

What's the point of that, really? To limit public indulgence in too many dangerous addictions on one day?

No, to keep the priest away from temptation.....
The choirboys :sigh2:
LOL
 
Strange as a youth I wasn't allowed to watch TV on Sundays...

Thankfully not a choirboy!!

I must admit the girls in the choir did keep me occupied
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom