• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Totally Surprised: 4 Letter i.e. LLLL.COM

Status
Not open for further replies.

DomainEngineer

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Sep 16, 2003
Messages
657
Reaction score
0
Just wanted to share with you guys that I recently sold an LLLL.COM domain for high four figure XXXX.00

This domain has non-premium letters and google search count was just about 500. There was no other site or product or acronym etc that had those letters. The domain was not a word in any language as far as I checked. It was not pronounceable either.

No such stock symbol either.

Couple of weeks ago I got an email asking if I would like to sell and for what price.

I thought someone is either spaming or bottom fishing, so I asked for high four figure.

I got email back that price is ok and I still didn't believe it.

To my surprise, the transaction closed quickly and without any negotiations on price.

I still don't believe it happened. I never expected to get that much for this domain.
 
who bought it?
 
who bought it?

I learned over the years that one must keep the domain confidential unless the buyer agrees to disclose it. Many people will bombard the buyer with emails pitching their domains and some buyers don't appreciate that. So it just make sense to keep it confidential imo.

Thanks.
 
wow and congrads!
 
not a problem from me, but the buyer might have been a big corp, i hope you did research on the email and names.. so you didnt let a name go which will be world known within time
 
not a problem from me, but the buyer might have been a big corp, i hope you did research on the email and names.. so you didnt let a name go which will be world known within time

Agree with you Rico. I did all kind of research like I mentioned above. I even went to the buyer's website (I got it from their email address) and could not find any thing big. Even checked their whois record from there website name and wasn't impressed much. Did not get any clues at all.

But the domain itself was not that people can easily remember or anything. There must be good use in buyer's mind imo.

I was kind of amazed but at the end I love it.....we need more buyers like this.
:laser:

wow and congrads!

Thanks DNjet.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom