• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Trademark question

Status
Not open for further replies.

droplister

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2005
Messages
1,155
Reaction score
4
If I have a name that is a generic term, but a company has a trademark on it. Could I trademark that term aswell for the use of Domain Parking. Looking through the trademarks I see they list the use why cant i just trademark it aswell for parking?
 
Parking as your main use of the trademark? If it's a generic term I don't think you need to, HOWEVER, the problem with parking is it will probably pull in ads about THEIR product, which would make your use of the domain as bad faith.

I wouldn't recommend parking it unless you are able to filter out all of their ads.
 
ouch thats a bummer, 25,000, just to turn it over.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom