Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Travel.info

Status
Not open for further replies.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
hmmm... some of the kick-ass .info names are starting to get ready to kick ass

http://www.travel.info

As you know, tons of great .info generics are still locked up in LL2 precedings after close to a year of launch.

Domain summit 2024

Urm, that site looks to me like someone looking to sell the domain name. The page follows typical "taster site" layout with the contact details being the main reason for its existence.

The fact they say they are looking to become "the worlds best travel internet address" rather than the best travel *site* or somesuch is the telling sign imo.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
My point is, it is absolutely ridiculous how many great .info names have been made unusable all this time because of the Sunrise debacle.

These names, previously locked and oblivious to everyone, are now starting to come onto the market.

How can we even start to argue on the market value of .info, when most of the best benchmark names are not available for use.

I doubt if anyone can disagree that travel.info is the kind of addressing that make sense immediately.

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
No he didn't :D

well I guess if you like "looking" at domains you might argue travel.info is better name, if on the other hand you wanted to make money the story would be quite different :)

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
If you equate making money money, all things being equal, to natural type-ins, then you are probably correct.

But its names like these that will help spread the .info awareness to the internet community. Names that were sadly locked for months because of suspect cheatings.

mole, true the more names that are used for proper sites the more awareness will grow. But how will awareness spread if people simply put up glorified park pages like travel.info?

M

Mythios

That's definitely a park page. I'm not a fan of the .info extension, but this one looks promising, depending on promotion, etc. It could turn out to be a nice venture.

M

Mythios

Carquotes.info is not a park page, you're correct. Do you own that domain?

uncle

Level 5
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
travel.info is a strong name.

once people start actually building serious web sites on generic .info domains, their value should increase.

So far, I've mostly seen redirections and park pages.

fizz

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I agree uncle.

.com will always be king, and when I see a .org url I think non-profit, and when I see a .net url I think: 'Why is it that they couldn't get the .com?'

But .info - as in carquotes.info - looks kind of refreshing and suggests you'll find good information at this url.

IMO .info won't affect .com valuations, but in a few years will be better than a .net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts
UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators