• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale Trying to contact registrant

Status
Not open for further replies.

kramer9399

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 13, 2011
Messages
14
Reaction score
2
Hey Guys,

I am trying to inquire about a domain I want to buy from a registrant. I submitted an inquiry via CIRA but other then that I can't get this registrants name or contact. Any other ways of going about this?
 
try using the godaddy buying service
 
Thanks for the tip...but what are they going to do that I can't? :)
 
if it's godaddy registered they may have their contact info on file - i have sold .ca names this way.

is it a specific name you are after?
 
Unless the domain is listed somewhere for sale with a contact link, then cira is the only option you have. Many times you will not get a response if the inquire does not sound serious(your offer).
As urlurl said you could try Godaddy, I personally have not tried this.

You could try posting the domain here hoping the owner is a member?
 
that might be a good suggestion to post it here - or if you dont want to give the exact name away, you could post in the "website/name wanted section" with specifications. (i.e. name with the word ?????? in it or ending with ??????)
 
The CIRA system works to get your message through, but maybe they don't want to contact you back. I've made inquiries where I didn't hear back either. Does the domain resolve to a webpage? If the domain has privacy and doesn't resolve, the CIRA message system is probably your only chance.
 
The CIRA system works to get your message through, but maybe they don't want to contact you back. I've made inquiries where I didn't hear back either. Does the domain resolve to a webpage? If the domain has privacy and doesn't resolve, the CIRA message system is probably your only chance.

thats a good start try to see where the domain resolves too, if it goes to a landing page like sedo or godaddy your in luck. if it takes you to a fully developed site and you have the cash use the contact info.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom