Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
NDD Camp 2024

developed Turkish Joke Site For Sale - 500 Uniques & 8000 Page Views Per Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
BACAKLAR.COM - http://www.bacaklar.com *

* bacaklar mean legs in English btw. :-D

I had this site setup way back in 2002. It is a funny jokes, pictures, movies & games site in Turkish. It gets around 500 unique visitors and 8000+ page views per day. You can see the webalizer stats here - January - February. Detailed stats can be provided if requested. (The site was moved to my own server back at the end of 2004.)

The site is ranked number one in GOOGLE & YAHOO for keywords such as "sakalar" (means jokes, pranks etc.) and must be ranked very high for related words as well as most of the traffic comes from Google and other search engines. (Site has a PR3). The site was also featured & reviewed in Turkish PC World magazine way back in 2003 under internet section.

The site runs on a simple journal script where you add jokes and pictures by placing them in TXT files and uploading them via FTP to designated folders. It is pretty easy to update for anyone that has a bit of time. The site has 380 jokes, around 100 pictures as well as a number of flash games and other downloads. We also have a mailing list of over 1000 members which can be used to promote various products and services. The site takes around 200 MB space and uses 10 GB bandwidth per month. The site is hosted on my own server and I can provide 3-4 months of free hosting if required.

I recently started trying out Google Adwords and the site makes about $2/day. I am sure the traffic and content can mean more cash and profit if the site is handled right. The traffic has been increasing each month rapidly and with added content, the site can get really popular very quick. After initially setting up the site, I have never been able to add any content or show any interest in the site due to all other commitments and I feel that the site would be much better off in the hands of another webmaster or developer.

I will consider all offers around mid-high $XXX with BIN set at $1000. I will not sell the site for a lower value then what I have judged and just hold on to it if the right offer does not come along.

Offers and questions by PM or email ([email protected]).

Thanks for looking,

TW

fryman04

Master of the cave
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I don't understand, if you have #1 at Google and Yahoo for "jokes" and "pranks", shouldn't your traffic be 100 times higher?

NameWolf

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Just a quick update ; The site is PR3 and I expect it increase it rapidly over the next couple of months. We also have a mailing list of over 1000 members which can be used to promote various products and services if required. BIN reduced.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel

Latest Comments

MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener