Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Umm, Spam?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Got 3 emails from "FAIRPLAY" that seem to came from here:

Code:
This is the first one
///////////////////////////////////////////
This is a message from FAIRPLAY at The Domain Name Forum ( [url]http://www.dnforum.com/index.php[/url] ). The The Domain Name Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

To email FAIRPLAY, you can use this online form:
[url]http://www.dnforum.com/member.php?action=mailform&userid=287[/url]

OR, by email:
mailto:[email protected]

This is the message:

Hi there, fellow DNFORUM member 

Guess what ??

A new Domain Information Forum  is now online !!

Have a look at [url]www.*DELETED*.com[/url] and sign up for free !! (no tricks..  it's a bit like dnforum.com)

Lots of info and exposure  for domain sellers and buyers alike !!

A good place to list/ sell / buy  or learn ??..and its all free, so go have a look ..??

Why have all your eggs in one basket ??

Happy trading

FAIRPLAY !!

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Second One:
/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
This is a message from FAIRPLAY at The Domain Name Forum ( [url]http://www.dnforum.com/index.php[/url] ). The The Domain Name Forum owners cannot accept any responsibility for the contents of the email.

OR, by email:

This is the message:

Guess what ??

Have a look at [url]www.*DELETED*.com[/url] and sign up for free !! (no tricks..  it's a bit like dnforum.com)

A good place to list/ sell / buy  or learn ??..and its all free, so go have a look ..??

Happy trading

FAIRPLAY !!
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
Third One:
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

OR, by email:

This is the message:

Guess what ??

Happy trading

FAIRPLAY !!

With 3 Different subjects.

Header for the last message is:
Code:
Return-path: <[email protected]>
Envelope-to: [email][email protected][/email]
Delivery-date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:06:29 -0400
Received: from host3.dominet.net ([64.246.28.115])
	by eagle.nocdns.com with esmtp (TLSv1:DES-CBC3-SHA:168)
	(Exim 3.35 #1)
	id 17ArMT-0003Ic-00
	for [email][email protected][/email]; Thu, 23 May 2002 08:06:29 -0400
Received: from nobody by host3.dominet.net with local (Exim 3.35 #1)
	id 17ArMu-0007cR-00
	for [email][email protected][/email]; Thu, 23 May 2002 08:06:56 -0400
To: [email][email protected][/email]
Subject: HI VOOGRU..NEW SITE
Message-Id: <[email protected]>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2002 08:06:56 -0400
X-AntiAbuse: This header was added to track abuse, please include it with any abuse report
X-AntiAbuse: Primary Hostname - host3.dominet.net
X-AntiAbuse: Original Domain - voogru.com
X-AntiAbuse: Originator/Caller UID/GID - [99 99] / [99 99]
X-AntiAbuse: Sender Address Domain - host3.dominet.ne

now is this some sorta of spam can? is everyone getting this?

Domain Summit 2024

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I got all those too via email. They are thought to be sent to help Ms WandaMay, plugging her new domain forum site.

I really don't mind as long as it's only an occasional plug and not excessive.

However, the true identity of the sender and/or his relationship to Wanda should be fully disclosed.

David G

Internet Entrepreneur
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I see the Moderators are worried about Fairplay's alleged spamming via posts and emails.

I think there are far greater threats to our members, especially regarding costing them money. Such as the alleged fraudulent posts in the form of alledged false type of testimonials by people like member 'domainreseller' trying to get us to hire AllForDomains.com to market our names via emails.

AllForDomains is alleged by others to be a scam and this has been going on for years, previously at Afternic Forums. Just look at their page on their domain sales and you will see how suspicious it looks with all the high dollar sales on dubious value names. :D

Those are the type of spam posts the Moderators should stop, potentially far more costly to the members than joining Wanda May's free domain forum site!

P.S. Please do not misundersatnd. I am not defending Fairplay or praising Wanda May's site. Far from it, I have no intention of joining Wanda's Forum, as dnforum.com is where the action is with such quality posts and so many members vs Wanda's few.

I also have mixed feelings about Wanda's removal from here. Some of her posts were good but she posted far too often and tended to totally dominate this board, with far too numeous posts, many of them off-topic too.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Spam?!
Come on.To consider Wandas email being spam when most of you have sent mass email yourself from time to time be it for your names or anything else is a bit hypocritical.
In fact,as Wanda is known to most of us, and as this mail is about a domain forum,it can't be considered spam at all.I guess most of you would have been lucky and some others in fact would be lucky now if they had received an email about DNforum right after AN boards had closed.
So don't get too hysterical about 1 or 2 emails just because it's Wanda that it's about or coming from or because you don't like her.

The fact that the emails were sent using this boards resources is the thing that I disagree with. Wanda always seemed to see fit to do what she liked here, and in the end she was banned for it.

Competition is healthy, it might make people appreciate how useful this forum actually is.

Personally, I am not "worried" about another forum whatsoever, there are already lots of them out there. But most don't seem to attract the breadth of experience that this one is (at least not for publicly accessible forums).

J

jimb

I dont like the idea of people spamming and using the Email function.

Im gonna check this out.

Jim

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'll be sure to spam you at my convenience because you "know" me.

You're entering the troll zone pretty fast my good man....

Lawrence

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by snoopy
I didn't receive it myself but I think most others did,

http://www.dnforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1472

the IP of the actual site traces to

California Regional Internet, Inc. (NETBLK-CARI)
8929A COMPLEX DRIVE
SAN DIEGO, CA 92123
US

Netname: CARI
Netblock: 209.126.128.0 - 209.126.207.255
Maintainer: CALI

Coordinator:
California Regional Intranet, Inc. (IC63-ARIN) [email protected]
858-974-5080

Snoopy:

FYI: I got the email as well.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Dnpowerful
Starting insults again?!
Just for the record so next time you can't claim somebody else was starting it.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's all factual. Condoning spam for us here at DN Forum puts you in the troll zone, and I don't think anyone here would disagree--except maybe Wanda, SiteTutor and the other sleaze balls that lurk around here in various disguises.

I think you should decide which side of the fence you want to live on. Your posture on Rick's board seems sunny benificance...perhaps that would be wise here, instead of the Defence of The Trolls.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"I think you should decide which side of the fence you want to live on"

I have my opinions.If these make me living on the side of any fence or not, i don't care.I don't care for fences.I just have opinions.Like them or not.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Opinions? Hey, if you had some interesting positions, I'd love a few.

You flatter yourself. In fact, you're a droning sycophant who lines up exactly as we'd figured you'd line up.

For once, why don't you step away from defending spammers and Wanda, and actually saying something interesting.

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
"you're a droning sycophant who lines up exactly as we'd figured you'd line up. "
OK
Well again it's you who starts the namecalling.
And then who is "we"? Speak for yourself.
And make a search on my posts.Most stuff i post is subject -related in contrary to most of yours.You won't find a single insult or namecalling there.
Anyway
Listen: I hereby ask you to mind your own business as far as i'm concerned.I also ask you to stop the namecalling everytime i post something you don't like.This is an open board, i have the right to express my opinions as much as everybody else has,and if you don't like them,learn to live with it.
But stop stalking me.
Otherwise it's me now who will ask the moderators to ban someone.

DnPowerful

Level 5
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You extend to yourself the right to your opinions, but not to me to slice them to bits, with finesse?

Perhaps your memory of this thread is short, but you called us "hypocritical" and "hysterical" because we prefer not to get spam in this forum.

Well, sorry, Mr. Whiner, but I don't send spam, and anyone who condones spam to me, is a TROLL. Now you won't have me running to Dan screaming to have you banned, so maybe you could deal with your own issues here in the forum without whining about personal attacks.

If you come in here insulting people with your partisan crap, expect to get it back. If you post intelligently, I'm happy to join in the discussion, as I do...

beatz

Cool Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
As i said, i wasn't insulting, you started it, and all i said was "..is a bit hypocritical"and "don't get too hysterical" - which was obviously not meant as an insult as most will agree.
And you calling my posts "partisan crap" just because it's a different opinion i have just shows what you're made of.
Anyway, care about your own business, i care about mine.
That's it for me.

KLICKMARKET

Level 3
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
WOW ..!!

WHAT a tizzy you are all in .....about a few e-mails for sitetutor.com.... did any of you bother to ask WANDA if she sent those e-mails ??

obviously not !! ...... I DID ask her !!...and it WASNT WANDA !!

however misguided the original culprit was, ...it was only their intention to pass on positive and helpful info to the dnforum members...
THAT is what this site is all about .....is it not !!..information ??

This place is for the exchange of info, to assist its members, one of which i am, and i am glad of ANY assistance, and exposure i can get for my domain sales.

I WILL SIGN UP WITH ANY FORUM WHICH HELPS ME TOWARDS THAT END !!, and if someone from sitetutor sends me en e-mail about "yet another forum"....... i would be more likely to thank them, than castigate them!! (ask DAN !! by the way, this isnt his only forum membership either !)

In conclusion.....there is no point in being paranoid about WANDA..remember..it was dnforum that barred her for being a "TOO active" member ....... [if their ever was such a thing].....she added a lot to this place ...even if it wasn,t always agreed with...but forums are about debate and opinion..and not everyone will agree all of the time....will they !!! as this thread proves !!
I say good luck to Wanda..and wish her success....you brought all of this upon yourselves.

klickmarket

Originally posted by KLICKMARKET
WOW ..!!

obviously not !! ...... I DID ask her !!...and it WASNT WANDA !!

In conclusion.....there is no point in being paranoid about WANDA..remember..it was dnforum that barred her for being a "TOO active" member ....... [if their ever was such a thing].....

err, wanda's membership was banned, so obviously she didn't *personally* send the email which was routed through dnforum's pm service. And she wasn't banned for being "too active". Wanda pretty much broke every rule the forum has, including racism and abuse. Obviously she saw no need to take any notice of the many warnings she had given before being banned.

DNForum

Forum Announcements
Reaction score
Originally posted by KLICKMARKET
.....there is no point in being paranoid about WANDA..remember..it was dnforum that barred her for being a "TOO active" member ....... [if their ever was such a thing].....she added a lot to this place..

Just to clear this up.. The temporary ban of wandamay was on insulting people on multiple occasions, using racism, etc.

Omni

Level 6
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If it's of any help, I did not get spam. Guessing that it might have something to do with whether or not you've turned on the "enable email" option or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Members Online

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Register for the auction
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom