• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

University: What Course?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Biotech may work well for you.

Bit of computers and medicine.
 
Medicine, dentistry or law. THese are safe jobs, once you graduate you will automatically start with a good salary and pretty much a guaranteed job.

In IT, you are not guaranteed a job or a good starting salary. The uk it job market emphasizes more on experience than qualifications these days, without going to uni you can earn 40,000 pounds per month just by having 5+ years experience and passing some it courses in college!

thats why many graduates find it harder and harder to find jobs once they finish their IT course, if you do IT make sure you research your job prospects properly, there is alot of competition.

Best of luck.
 
Hey guys,
I am in the UK and atm I am pondering what course I should do and at what university. I have done loas of these online course tests with no success, and thus I want some help choosing something that i will enjoy.

Facts:
  • I am pretty intelligent, in that I got mainly A*s(the best grade) in my GCSE'S(exams you do at 16).
  • I like computers, web design, domaining!!! etc
  • As vain as it is I want to do a course which will provide a good job, and a good income on completion. Not something whereby there are no jobs and loads of competition for jobs.

I was considering medicine, as that is what my dad does. However there is nothing that particularly makes me want to do medicine. Its a long course, and there are a lack of jobs.

It is now getting to the stage where I want to order prospectuses from various universities, but I have no idea what course to do.

I want something fun and interesting. Any help would be apprciated.
Thanks
A lack of jobs in medicine??? WOW!

Get your butt in any type of medical study and come to the US and name your price.

I do both...domaining and computer stuff as well as being a medical professional.

You can sign up with a travelling agency and go all over the world working in your field. All expenses will be paid, housing, transportation, and a very nice salary as well. Worked once with a girl from Scotland who was a physical therapist. She only worked 9 months out of the year and was bringing over 100K per year (USD or GDP...not sure)

Had I not been married when I got into the medical profession I would be on the travel service in a heartbeat. Typically a 13 or 26 week contract. If you don't like it, you move on. Always paying huge bonuses to boot.

So there you have it. You can continue to do what you are currently doing with the domaining thing, get an education and a career, make a decent living and live nicely, help people, and still take your domaining with you. They don't weigh that much and you don't need to pack them as carry on luggage.
 
I'd recommend medicine, even though things have changed somewhat since I started and MMC is causing a bit of turmoil at present. 6 years at university gives you a LOT of time to pursue other things not to mention gaining arguable the most respected undergraduate degree of them all. It opens a lot of doors and it's not unheard of medics going off to pursue different careers after graduation, investment banks are very receptive to medics these days I hear! Good luck!
 
Thanks again for all the responses. A couple of questions.

Basically the general suggestion Ive been getting is something to do with medicine. I want something that is both fun, and well paying.
Medicine has a mega long course, mega high competition and a lack of good jobs. I was trying to move away from the medicine idea but people still point it out. I was curious as to why? What makes it so good? and what would be a really interesting, exiting and orthwhile course?

Regarding some of the other suggestions, please could the posters elaborate as to what is involved and what makes them fun etc.
Many Thanks
 
Thanks again for all the responses. A couple of questions.

Basically the general suggestion Ive been getting is something to do with medicine. I want something that is both fun, and well paying.
Medicine has a mega long course, mega high competition and a lack of good jobs. I was trying to move away from the medicine idea but people still point it out. I was curious as to why? What makes it so good? and what would be a really interesting, exiting and orthwhile course?

Regarding some of the other suggestions, please could the posters elaborate as to what is involved and what makes them fun etc.
Many Thanks

Private Gynaecologist? :eek:
 
Im not very good at keeping up to date with responses. Sorry for the delay, olebean, please elaborate as to questions posed in my previous post and how they are associated with that proffesion :)
Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom