Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Daily Diamond

Unread posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Normally when I get up in the morning there are between 2-5 pages of unread posts dating back from when I went to bed (using the link near the top right - "XX unread posts since your last visit" etc).

This morning, there were 17 pages ranging from the morning of the 25th.:eek:

It seems that where it used to only go from your last visit / activity if there is an extended amount of time away to showing a lot - I don't know how long this will go, if it will go further from the 25th.

Edit: And this one doesn't show up in the unread posts (or is it the "read posts disappear" bug?)

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I think I already explained the new posts behavior in detail already :D

When someone makes a post to a thread (or starts a new thread) the thread shows in its correct timestamp-based position in the index. Once you read that post, it's gone from the index of recent posts and it's moved to your Subscribed posts under your CP - until someone else makes a post.

This behavior is annoying because once you read it, you can't respond later on by returning to the index of posts. You have to go to your subscribed threads. Personally, and I'm sure many others, prefer to act upon threads that appear in the various paginated index posts.

Domain Summit 2024

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Any update on this? This is definitely causing me to not be able to come back to threads that I want to post/make offers on.

Theo

Account Terminated
Reaction score
I open two tabs, one is the new posts and the other is the subscribed threads under my User panel. But the old method was better.

theinvestor

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Gold Member
Reaction score
Why change what works?

Many like to read posts...and respond later...but when they do not show up anymore on your unread posts...people tend to not go back. It's not really a huge deal...i mean it is now basically "today's posts" i just don't see why it would be changed...

lotk.com

DNF Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Thanks Acro! Didn't even think about doing that, but it is still pretty annoying since I don't usually subscribe to threads manually (just the ones I post in).

I have to agree the old method was way better!

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom