• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

unused domains...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
1,518
Reaction score
1
Just wondering why some people who own premium domains do nothing with them... I know of one in particular that is not parked or developed and just comes up as a "page not found" when you type it in... This domain always shows as available to reg too, which is also strange...

Why would someone waste a great domain and not even profit?

The domain in question is golf . info btw...
 
Yeah I see this all the time. Probably domainers with huge portfolios and not enough time in the day.
 
Sitting on them and waiting for retirement maybe? They only get more valuable I think.
 
I see this alot too, but with me I squeeze every single penny out of my names. I am too cheap to even loose a dime so if I can get money out of it, then I do. I think that after I am done with it, I don't have to bother. So a few minutes adding and a few hours on optomization does not bother me.
 
I think that is one of the ones taken during sunrise with a TM that was not valid. See the whois, it has a New Zealand TM:

Domain ID:D15133-LRMS
Domain Name:GOLF.INFO
Created On:30-Jul-2001 05:49:36 UTC
Last Updated On:11-Jan-2002 01:37:41 UTC
Expiration Date:30-Jul-2007 05:49:36 UTC
Trademark Name:GOLF
Trademark Date:2000-06-23
Trademark Country:NZ
Trademark Number:617497
 
.info i see it alot, i personally like seeing generic.com's not developed. All the better to buy :)
 
Just wondering why some people who own premium domains do nothing with them... I know of one in particular that is not parked or developed and just comes up as a "page not found" when you type it in...
...

This domain always shows as available to reg too, which is also strange...
This is because the domain has no name servers. Some systems will incorrectly report the name as available.
Why would someone waste a great domain and not even profit?
Believe it or not some holders of premium domains know little about monetization of traffic or they may be too busy.
In my early days (around 2000) I did not know about the possibilities.

On a number of instances I have contacted owners of such unused domains. Most of the time they are not willing to sell but they still seem to be aware of the value of domains :smilewinkgrin:
 
Status:INACTIVE
Status:DELETE PROHIBITED
Status:RENEW PROHIBITED
Status:TRANSFER PROHIBITED
Status:UPDATE PROHIBITED

This hints to there being a dispute for this domain (because some of those statuses can only be set by the registry). Quite a few of the good generic .INFO domains from the Sunrise and Landrush phases are still under dispute today.

/Frank
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom