• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Urgent Answer Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

benjiboy90

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2006
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Hello There... is there anyone that can answer the following questions:

1) My laptop currently has windows xp pro on it. I want to install Windows Vista RC1 on it. Someone told me when you install it, and keep XP on the PC, Windows Vista shares all the files and programs from XP. is this true? and if it is, can I make it so Vista doesnt share the files and its completely seperate?

2) If I dont want XP on my current machine, and decide just to have vista on it? does that mean I can use the XP Product Key for another computer as its not being used on the laptop? Or can I use my XP Key on two machines at the same time?

3) Is it a good idea to take XP off the laptop and just have Vista running off it?

Thanks Everyone
 
1. You can create a dual boot system, in this way you can decide during startup if vista or xp should run. It can be installed in a way that it does not share the programs currently installed under xp.

2. If you remove the xp product from your laptop, you can install the products on another computer and use the licence key there.

3. Vista is still beta, so I would not take a current "stable" system off and replace it with something which has even more bugs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom