Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.US names

Status
Not open for further replies.

dvdfreak

Level 2
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I'm from holland, can I buy .us names?

thanx, DVDFREAK

SERGEJ

Level 4
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I come from Germany and have approx. 50 .US Domains

mole

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Sure thing.

Neustar the registry doesn't bother - they don't bother that .biz is bought solely for resale either.

Mr Webname

Oldbie
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Officially the answer is "no" unless you have a business presence in the US.
U.S. NEXUS REQUIREMENT
To be in compliance with the U.S. Nexus Requirement, all registrants for the .US domain must be either:
A natural person (i) who is a citizen or permanent resident of the United States of America or any of its possessions or territories, or (ii) whose primary place of domicile is in the United States of America or any of its possessions, or

An entity or organization that is (i) incorporated within one of the fifty (50) U.S. states, the District of Columbia, or any of the United States possessions or territories or (ii) organized or otherwise constituted under the laws of a state of the United States of America, the District of Columbia or any of its possessions or territories, or

An entity or organization (including a federal, state, or local government of the United States, or a political subdivision thereof) that has a bona fide presence in the United States.

This U.S. Nexus Requirement is intended to ensure that only those individuals or organizations that have a substantive connection to the United States are permitted to register for .US domain names.

cyphix

Level 9
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
If you run servers in the US that can probably work.

Btw web, there is more stuff to read on it than what you quoted, which I recall reading when I regged my .us domains.

Kevin

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Mr. Webname is correct; however, numerous people who do not technically qualify for “dot us” extensions have purchased, and will continue to purchase, domains with the extension.

There most probably would not be a problem with respect to ownership unless a complaint was filed, such as a UDRP (uniform domain-name dispute resolution policy), and the adjudicating person or panel decided in favor of the complainant.

Take care,

Kevin

Jernet

Old DNF'ef
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
sure you can reg them, but I don't know if I would develop them. It would be a shame for you to lose a site that may have costs lots of time and money, because they decide to crack down on non usa buyers.

peekaboo

DNF Regular
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
NetProwler said:
because they decide to crack down on non usa buyers.

yeah right, sure they'll do. when did it ever happen that american business went cracking down on their buyers? any buyers??

Anthony Ng

@Nameslave
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are always people parking in space reserved for the handicapped. ;p

guiwang

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
You can buy .us name,I have bought lots .
You can try it at enom.com.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators