Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

.US now available for 1 year registration at eNom!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Just received this email from eNom Vice-President Matt Stearn.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Dear ETP,

US is now available for one-year registrations.
There has been no change in the per year registration fee.
Let me know if you think this will increase your .US sales.

Matt Stearn
Vice President
eNom, Inc.
16771 NE 80th Street #100
Redmond, WA 98052
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is good news for those who were frightened off by the 2 year minimum.

davidthornton

Exclusive Lifetime Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by NamePopper
Just received this email from eNom Vice-President Matt Stearn.

Dear ETP,

US is now available for one-year registrations.
There has been no change in the per year registration fee.
Let me know if you think this will increase your .US sales.

Matt Stearn
Vice President
eNom, Inc.
16771 NE 80th Street #100
Redmond, WA 98052

This is good news for those who were frightened off by the 2 year minimum.

NameScout are sending out similar emails too.

B

blob2

so are dotreg...

I believe the .us registry has also dropped its prices, however Go Daddy seem to be the only registrar that has slashed its .us prices.

$6.95 - 1yr
$5.75 - 10yrs

If the .us registry has dropped its prices, should'nt enom drop its prices too?

Duke

DNF Addict
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Can .info and .biz be far behind? I think speculators register more names than anyone and they now stand out as being handicapped by a two-year requirement.

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Amen Duke. There has been many times that I would have grabbed a .info--.us--.biz name but the 2 year requirement just kept me from it. We all want .com--but I would glady buy a couple quality words in those other extensions--if they were just 1 year.

I hope .info & .biz follow the lead on this one.

Just an update on this. There is a Q4 special going on at the registry that has reduced prices until the end of the year, and offering one year registrations. Not all registrars will be taking advantage of the offer though, and it may not be extended beyond the end of the year...

Just FYI.

-t

NamePopper.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up Witt. Good information there!

Bob

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Sure, literally ONE day after I reg a .us for 2 years (no not for speculation). :laugh:

Life goes on.

-Bob

Just heard officially from OpenSRS - their resellers will be able to offer one year .US domains in about a week.

-t

W

wordznpics

So many have been gobbled up, and thousands are held by non-U.S. reseller/registrants.

Ben Edelman at Harvard did an interesting analysis as part of one of his research projects on newer TLDs, listing the top non-U.S. reseller/registrants holding .us domains, some of whom had registered THOUSANDS of these.

http://cyber.law.harvard.edu/people/edelman/dotus/US-topregistrants.html

I tried to get one for a non-profit I'm working with, and they were asking $1500. They refused to negotiate, and I got other domains. But it really pisses me off that Enom and Neustar won't lift a finger against these guys. The one I'm talking about is Internet Registrations World Wide (www.irww.com). They changed the who-is name, company field and address fields and some e-mail fields to designate Brad Norrish, who was formerly listed only as billing contact. The original registrant is a guy named Jason Namours, in Melbourne, Australia (his [email protected] still shows up in who-is) and I wish someone would do something about this. I can understand if two companies are fighting over a domain, and to the winner go the spoils; but if you make a reasonable offer, and they're just sitting on it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom