Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

User Tagging

Status
Not open for further replies.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Since my forum is dead (though brings in revenue) and I have learned so much from this forum, I am willing to donate @Advanced user tagging by Dragon-Byte with a brand free license.

This is somewhat like Twitter and gives a message to the user being mentioned in a thread through the notifications tab.

The value of it is $75 plus $75 for brand free (no copyright footer).

If anyone would like this feature added, please reply and suggest the implementation as I am willing to transfer my license since I see it being beneficial to all members and can make this forum more interactive.

Usage of this could be as such:

@draggar already told you to put the full domain name in the title, but you keep doing this. This would give a notification of a thread (without reporting) directly to draggar and he could see the thread and take action.

Or it could be a mention of another user, such as @Theo posted a great article on ..., the link is ... and he would be notified as well.

Doing either will also make the @User a link to the users' profile.

Full description for admins, moderators and users can be found at: http://www.dragonbyte-tech.com/vbecommerce.php?do=product&productid=20

I also own a lot more licenses from DBTech and willing to donate if the interest is there.

-David :)

Upvote 0

Biggie

DNForum Moderator
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been interacting here since 2002, without being tagged

so thanks, but not interested

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It was just a suggestion and my way of giving back. No harm, no foul. We'll continue on. :)

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
i've been interacting here since 2002, without being tagged

so thanks, but not interested

Just keep in mind... in 2002, tagging did not exist as we know it today.

David, I dig it. The same way that you might "beckon" someone's attention on Facebook, or on Twitter, by doing @(username) for them, I think in an environment such as this forum, which facilitates discussion in much the same way that Facebook and Twitter do, it is useful so that attention is called to a particular user as necessary.

Who I think this will benefit most are the absentee users who log in here once in a blue moon. People like me who are here every day are generally aware of what's happening. But if I'm only on the forum, say once every month, it's a daunting task to see if anybody has sought my opinion or attention in every post in a one-month period.

Whereas, if I were to receive an email notification saying "Maxwell, you have a new mention on DNForum.com", that would prompt my attention as necessary.

amplify

Level 5
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Welp, I’m willing to give back to the community as much as I can for what information helped me succeed. If they want the licenses, they can have them. I think I have 5-9 brand free add-ons from DBTech that I’m willing to part with.

You did mention the emails though. It can be made if you subscribe to threads, but if you never participated in them, you will never receive them unless tagged.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators

Top Bottom