• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

utube.com vs youtube.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
I seen on the news today that Utube.com, which is a metal company out of Ohio, received 68 million hits to their site last month. 67,999,789 were probably typos. Utube.com is furious at Youtube.com because their site is constantly down and cannot handle the traffic.


I say they park it. The small company out of Ohio could make 100x what they make a month from selling metal from the PPC alone.




Utube.com

36,000+ overture WITH ext.

Impressive Google trends report

16,000 returns from google with ext.
 
Think about it though. There are people willing to pay up to 20-30 years revenue for a domain name. 1 million is almost a slap in the face.
 
Can't wait to see where this finally sells
 
Utube.com still owns the TM to that domain name. It was registered 9 years prior to Youtube.com. I don't think that Google could even make a case as long as Utube.com wasn't trying to look like youtube.com.
 
I will park the name (as long as that's okay with youtube.com).

The traffic's probably gonna bring in some good revenue while I can still sell some metal in the brick and mortar fashion.

:)
 
it would be fun to own a name like that, and then it becomes a huge typo of a popular site. a total windfall for the owner, being able to turn down 1 million offers and all...
 
Well it's not worth it to Google to buy the domain. It's not like people are going to type that in and STAY on uTube.com. They will all end up at the right place eventually, so I don't see this as something Google would need to buy.

However, PPC people could definitely benefit from it. I really wonder how much traffic that site gets every day and how well it would convert.. Probably very well.
 
Well it's not worth it to Google to buy the domain. It's not like people are going to type that in and STAY on uTube.com. They will all end up at the right place eventually, so I don't see this as something Google would need to buy.

However, PPC people could definitely benefit from it. I really wonder how much traffic that site gets every day and how well it would convert.. Probably very well.

I find your comment to be a contradiction. People will type in Utube.com and find the right place eventually? Sure some will. Then you say "PPC people could definitely benefit from it" which means that people will type in Utube.com, see ads that they are interested in and click on them. They will not end up at youtube.com most likely, but they will end up in the right place, and the domain owner that I am sure we all envy will end up with a nice chunk of change.
 
I wonder.. since he had it years before youtube.com , I wonder if he can lease the name and traffic out to other video hosting websites .. hmmm , or some other type of Peer to Peer interaction
 
Well it's not worth it to Google to buy the domain. It's not like people are going to type that in and STAY on uTube.com. They will all end up at the right place eventually, so I don't see this as something Google would need to buy.

However, PPC people could definitely benefit from it. I really wonder how much traffic that site gets every day and how well it would convert.. Probably very well.

It is worth it for google to buy it. Last month utube.com received 68 million hits. Google would just forward utube.com to youtube.com and then they WOULD get where they are trying to go!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom