• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Value of ovt./ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

snicksnack

DomainersChoice.com
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2004
Messages
1,478
Reaction score
0
Hi,

how do you evaluate a domain name with overture extension. I just registered a domain which has an overture with extension of 5600 (no it is not a myspace typo) and I am not sure how much it is worth.

Any input appreciated.

Thanks.
 
only way to tell is park it and see

but there are some names with huge ovt/w ext. that get no traffic.
 
agreed. traffic is the best valuation of value.

overture is just one tool used to assist in gauging traffic.

put the name in google and see if there are alot of results. if it has huge overture then check to see if there are typos of it with overture too. if so, then that betters the chances of the name being legit and having traffic.

most of all use common sense. overture can be tricked. if jjjjjjjkkkkkkk.com has 5500 overture with extension then it's probably bogus.
 
the domain is country level domain and it is a typo of a website with lots of traffic. In a few hours the domain should be correctly connected and I will see what the traffic is like. I just checked google and it returns some 130,000 results.
 
Why not just post the domain if its already regged?
 
aacommerce said:
Why not just post the domain if its already regged?

It is a country level domain and I found a legal and rather cheap way to register this country level domains. I also found some more domains with a overture incl ext. rangeing from 2000-4000. So I first want to check the traffic and if the traffic is good, I would register some more domains. That's the reason.
 
Okay, the domain has now been connected properly since a little bit less than 24 hours and I had some 8000 uniques. I guess that is pretty good for a newly reg'd domain.
 
Thats a very VERY nice find!
If you can find more like and the traffic monetizes even Ok you are psyched!
 
thats great going has it generated a lot of revenue as well from those 8000 uniques.
 
a bit over $30 in 24h
 
wow, that's indeed nice traffic, but be sure you're getting the most of it, because in some cases ppc isn't the best thing for some domains.
 
What country is it? (the extension?) well done too, by the way.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom