• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

VB lease

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nexmax

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
Oct 7, 2002
Messages
2,209
Reaction score
0
I was wondering why so many lease VB. I assuming that its not just the $65 difference in price. Are the updates that important? I'm serious, I see many selling sites on leased license. I mean if the site takes off you still need to buy, and if it doesn't you could mostly get your money back right?

Thanks in advance.
 
Within 30 days of buying leased liscense you can upgrade to owned for norm price.
 
If you plan on keeping the site for years the owned version would be better. This way you don't have to pay the lease fee each year.
 
People buy leased because they might not want to spend the extra to buy.
 
Just find a used "owned" license for sale for $15 more. :)

Even if it expires next month, it's only $30 a year to extend the subscription.
 
So updates aren't that important. I mean I know $65 is nothing to sneeze at but to buy pays for its self in like 11 months, or the 366 day depending on how you look at it. If you are going to launch a site and can come up with $85, would seem you could do the whole thing.

Just trying to see if I was missing something as I plan on buying a vb and starting to look towards paying the full $160 instead of paying $120 or so from a forum.(through my affiliate link though of course, lol)

Thanks for input those that posted.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom