Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

Violation posts & warnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

draggar

þórr mjǫlnir
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to do more than just close some posts that are in violation of the TOS?

I've seen a few instances now where people have spammed the forums, posting the same domain in several sections here (with the same offer / domain etc..), gold members trying to sell by replying to a platinum / exclusive sales thread (and if they aren't deleted, why are they allowed to sell? What would be the point of going platinum over gold, then?), and misleading titles / wrong section (quite a but of this one in the short-domains section).

I don't mean go militaristic over it (someone forgets to put a domain in the title, fine, close it), but in instances like above these threads should be deleted. By closing the thread or just handing a warning in a post is still allowing them the exposure that they intended while then any correspondence can still be conducted though PM.

Upvote 0

MediaHound

Former DNF Admin
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Agreed, each moderator has a particular way to go about it though. They do make judgment calls and use discretion.
Sometimes it's best to remove the thread, sometimes a lock will suffice, sometimes just a message via PM to correct a problem does the trick as well. Each is a case by case scenario and a lot happens behind the scenes as well on a daily basis to inform members about guidelines and rules of the forum.

Dale Hubbard

Formerly 'aZooZa'
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
There are relatively few mods here for a very large forum, and they do a great job. And yes, there's a lot of 'behind the scenes' stuff that goes on in private forums. I'm happy with the current team. They even put up with me (most of the time). Good on you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators