• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Wan-Fu China, Ltd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockefeller

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 8, 2005
Messages
8,011
Reaction score
58
I've noticed this person registering alot of domain names that I have been searching..Let's take MotelReservation,org for example. Last night, I was at work and found this domain name to be available. I was somewhat tied up so I had to wait about an hour to register. When I went back in an hour it was already taken by this company. I know this is the name of the game, but this has happened on at least 10-12 other occasions. Any clues on whats going on?
 
He doesn't work on the desk behind you does he?
 
some registras record your domain name querys and then display them as other available domains like godaddy for example. Dont know if this helps. But a list I have compilied over the months now most are taken and some are very obscure.
 
You have the time to find it, but doesn't have the extra 2 seconds to reg it? That's not like you, Justin... :)
 
Yep. It seems he's a newcomer, trying to play catch-up, regging tons of names - many I wouldn't want.
 
Wan-Fu China, Ltd is yet another domain taster.
 
Where are you checking these domains at? whois.sc, godaddy?, the SAME exact thing happens to me sometimes and I swore it was from spyware on my computer, but there is no spyware and no key logger..I have triple checked...there was a thread about this same thing like 2 weeks ago..let us know where you were checking these domains as I think we can uncover some very unethical business here with a little detective DNF work...
 
I do know about domain tasting since I do it myself on occasion. I use dynadot, not the whois, just the normal search. It seems to only happen with .orgs.
 
I do know about domain tasting since I do it myself on occasion. I use dynadot, not the whois, just the normal search. It seems to only happen with .orgs.
I don't think you know what it is. It is registrars using the 5 day deletion clause to register domains you searched, test traffic, and keep or drop within 5 days.
 
I guess I misunderstood. I didn't know that domain tasting referred only to registrars who test the traffic and then delete them after 5 days if they don't produce any traffic or revenue.
 
If you research it it's a big controvery. I searched one (forget where), it was available, I went to grab it the next day... gone! Did a search on the net for the registrar, and found articles about domain tasting.
 
Maybe you could just wait the 4-5 days and they will delete it. I remember this happened to me with dynadot one other time. Is it ethical for registrars to sell this information? I guess I will start reg'ing them as I see them.
 
Forgot to mention, yeah, they dropped it and I got it.
 
Thanks GD. You always have the right answers..any chance you'll be in Hollywood for domainfest? I would like to meet you.
 
I always learn about these things later lol, what/when is it? Thanks
 
I don't think you know what it is. It is registrars using the 5 day deletion clause to register domains you searched, test traffic, and keep or drop within 5 days.

normal folks can also do tasting, not just a registrars
although most registrars do not offer a refund (like gd)

but some does offer, like: register.com
link
 
dynadot does too..FULL credit, no fees whatsoever.
 
Um, did you say NO fee's? ruh roh! watch out domain tasters..here comes Chris jumping on the traffic testing bandwagon...question though, does the money get refunded to YOU completely or does it have to remain in your account for usage on domain/related purchases?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom