• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Warning for Apple Mac Owners

Status
Not open for further replies.
This now explains why my friend's Mac Pro laptop which was a less than 1 year old system crashed a couple of weeks ago. Although I understand there is need to break the Microsoft monotony I doubt who will convince me to leave the stable Windows OS!
 
The Mac is great for certain things as the PC is great for certain things, I like the Mac I have because it fits nicely into my living room decor and has few wires and no large PC case, its great for my kids the surf the web and checking email. That’s about it.
 
That's not specifically Apple!

Verbatim

Don't think however just because we attacking Apple the flaw is in an Apple... we're actually using a 3rd Party Wireless Card

Meaning the 3rd Party Drivers have a flaw in them... not Apple's Drivers! He goes on to reiterate that the flaw is not in Apple, but the 3rd party vendor hardware. How many flaws does MS have with their drivers with every SP update ?

Interesting Video nonetheless...
 
let's not turn this into Apple vs MSFT debate pls....

I have two XP Pro and 3 Macs and I LOVE my Macs so so so much :)
 
Macs are good for graphic design, and video editing....things like that. But I still prefer a PC anyday.
 
Macs are good for graphic design, and video editing....things like that. But I still prefer a PC anyday.

with the new intel macs I run XP via Parallels (within OSX) or BootCamp Dual Boot.. got a macbook pro 2GB 100GB HDD, ATI X1600, 15.2" Glossy TFT and it's pretty much what I use day to day apart from my 24" iMac :)
 
Macs are good for graphic design, and video editing....things like that. But I still prefer a PC anyday.

Why, I asked this to the apple rep at comp USA and he stated that it was because the software was better on a Mac, so since I use Adobe CS Suite I asked him why Adobe would make it better for the Mac then the PC, his response was that Adobe has a better relationship with Apple. What a load of shit.

My PC runs circles around all but the best Macs which by the way cost 3 times as much. If I invested that much into a PC my PC would kick its ass.

All OS X is, is a modified version of Free BSD.
 
I switched to mac recently and could not be happier...
 
Apple iLife on the powerbook covers everything. Create music and edit video and upload to the web. All they need now is a Macbook pro with a 500gb HD.
 
Its funny, I've never had any issues with my computer, I use an antivirus program that to this day has stopped everything in its tracks.

I fixed a computer for a friend the other day (3 month old Compaq w/win xp w/norton) I had forgot how messed up they can get. This thing never met a virus/scumware it didn't like.

Long story short if you protect your system (with a reliable av, firewall, don't download warz, have a legit copy of xp so you can patch) you will not have any problems.
 
Why, I asked this to the apple rep at comp USA and he stated that it was because the software was better on a Mac, so since I use Adobe CS Suite I asked him why Adobe would make it better for the Mac then the PC, his response was that Adobe has a better relationship with Apple. What a load of shit.

My PC runs circles around all but the best Macs which by the way cost 3 times as much. If I invested that much into a PC my PC would kick its ass.

All OS X is, is a modified version of Free BSD.


I never said I liked them, just back when I was in school I can remember using the Macs for design work, and it was much smoother than on a PC. But I havent touched a Mac since the IIc Plus so I couldn't tell you now.

Macs remind me of the Ford Mustang....pretty on the outside but crap where it counts.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom