Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld watch.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwstar

Level 1
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
watch.ca sold at pool.com

Last edited:
Domain summit 2024

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Erm I was the one who got outbid at 5700 :(. So sad.

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah but I still see it as a high 5 figure .ca :/

DOTCA

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
I would think that was money well spent if the buyer has plans.. but if it is to be parked, then may be yes..if one could start streaming movies or videos, it's a killer domain...

Shane

Account Terminated
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
It's even better when you consider the promotional opportunity for a brand like Bell Canada who makes 20 billion in revenue. Just sayin'.

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It's a cool name. But I see a very limited scope of potential uses for it. Not one that I'd fight for.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Maybe the buyer owns witch.ca and he’s just trying to secure all typos?

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
It is a nice generic, hard to pin down the best use for it. You'd almost prefer watches.ca if you were selling watches online. I like the idea of it in media for broadcasting tv or video.

Spex

Level 6
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Time for my serious reply now.

My guess would be a Hulu type service. Since Hulu is inacessible from Canada, a similiar service under the watch.ca name would fill the void quite nicely.

Or maybe an alternative to Netflix?

urlurl

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a nice generic name, but i think the watch or watches industry is on a decline, most people have cell phones with the time right on it - and don't use their watches as much or anymore (other than for fashion or jewelry) i haven't worn mine in 5 years, dont need it anymore

Maxwell

Formerly known as grcorp.
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
its a nice generic name, but i think the watch or watches industry is on a decline, most people have cell phones with the time right on it - and don't use their watches as much or anymore (other than for fashion or jewelry) i haven't worn mine in 5 years, dont need it anymore

You say this just as I'm price-comparing for a watch with a $1,595 MSRP.

Call me OCD for it, but I have to have a watch on my left wrist at almost all times, or else I feel imbalanced.

Like most others, I usually check the time on my mobile phone. But I don't think it will ever die as a fashion accessory.

In any event, watch.ca is an imperfect domain for a watch vendor. Watches on the other hand, would be much better.

I'm thinking the highest and best use for this particular name will be in the way of something which involves the act of watching.

A few thoughts come to mind, such as home security.

This will be a tough nut to crack, though. Not the easiest keyword to identify a purpose for.

msn

Level 8
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Okay, OCD - you at least have a habit of looking at your watch.

As far as the domain goes, watch.ca would be a good URL for a streaming video site, along with something like stream.ca and other names.

You say this just as I'm price-comparing for a watch with a $1,595 MSRP.

Call me OCD for it, but I have to have a watch on my left wrist at almost all times, or else I feel imbalanced.

Like most others, I usually check the time on my mobile phone. But I don't think it will ever die as a fashion accessory.

In any event, watch.ca is an imperfect domain for a watch vendor. Watches on the other hand, would be much better.

I'm thinking the highest and best use for this particular name will be in the way of something which involves the act of watching.

A few thoughts come to mind, such as home security.

This will be a tough nut to crack, though. Not the easiest keyword to identify a purpose for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
Free QR Code Generator by MerchArts

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators