• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale watch.ca

Status
Not open for further replies.

uwstar

New Member
Legacy Platinum Member
Joined
May 16, 2009
Messages
12
Reaction score
0
watch.ca sold at pool.com
 
Last edited:
What is the best use for it?

A website selling watches or something to do with watching (looking)?
 
Erm I was the one who got outbid at 5700 :(. So sad.
 
you save a lot of money that amount paid for watch could fetch a solid quality dotcom!
 
Yeah but I still see it as a high 5 figure .ca :/
 
I would think that was money well spent if the buyer has plans.. but if it is to be parked, then may be yes..if one could start streaming movies or videos, it's a killer domain...
 
It's even better when you consider the promotional opportunity for a brand like Bell Canada who makes 20 billion in revenue. Just sayin'.
 
It's a cool name. But I see a very limited scope of potential uses for it. Not one that I'd fight for.
 
Maybe the buyer owns witch.ca and he’s just trying to secure all typos?
 
It is a nice generic, hard to pin down the best use for it. You'd almost prefer watches.ca if you were selling watches online. I like the idea of it in media for broadcasting tv or video.
 
Time for my serious reply now.

My guess would be a Hulu type service. Since Hulu is inacessible from Canada, a similiar service under the watch.ca name would fill the void quite nicely.

Or maybe an alternative to Netflix?
 
its a nice generic name, but i think the watch or watches industry is on a decline, most people have cell phones with the time right on it - and don't use their watches as much or anymore (other than for fashion or jewelry) i haven't worn mine in 5 years, dont need it anymore
 
its a nice generic name, but i think the watch or watches industry is on a decline, most people have cell phones with the time right on it - and don't use their watches as much or anymore (other than for fashion or jewelry) i haven't worn mine in 5 years, dont need it anymore

You say this just as I'm price-comparing for a watch with a $1,595 MSRP.

Call me OCD for it, but I have to have a watch on my left wrist at almost all times, or else I feel imbalanced.

Like most others, I usually check the time on my mobile phone. But I don't think it will ever die as a fashion accessory.

In any event, watch.ca is an imperfect domain for a watch vendor. Watches on the other hand, would be much better.

I'm thinking the highest and best use for this particular name will be in the way of something which involves the act of watching.

A few thoughts come to mind, such as home security.

This will be a tough nut to crack, though. Not the easiest keyword to identify a purpose for.
 
Okay, OCD - you at least have a habit of looking at your watch.

As far as the domain goes, watch.ca would be a good URL for a streaming video site, along with something like stream.ca and other names.

You say this just as I'm price-comparing for a watch with a $1,595 MSRP.

Call me OCD for it, but I have to have a watch on my left wrist at almost all times, or else I feel imbalanced.

Like most others, I usually check the time on my mobile phone. But I don't think it will ever die as a fashion accessory.

In any event, watch.ca is an imperfect domain for a watch vendor. Watches on the other hand, would be much better.

I'm thinking the highest and best use for this particular name will be in the way of something which involves the act of watching.

A few thoughts come to mind, such as home security.

This will be a tough nut to crack, though. Not the easiest keyword to identify a purpose for.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom