• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

Weird letter what is it? win 10 usd

Status
Not open for further replies.

gemsergio

New Member
The Originals
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
642
Reaction score
0
I received a letter (priority mail) from las vegas, the return address shows only the address but not the person who sent it the address is the following:
9 4 3 7 w h i tt ie r court las vegas nevada 89117.
Inside the letter there is a CD-R with not letter or anything written on it.
I am so curious I just wish to put it inside my computer but I am waaayyy to afraid to do that because it could be some virus spyware etc...
What do you guys think this CD might contain?
I will give 10 usd to whoever guesses the right content of the CD or gets quite close to it.
 
Turn off auto-run and then right click on the cd and choose open. Then you don't run any possibly malicious software.
 
Very interesting;-)
do you know from where they have your mail address?is listed on whois?
Google did not provide much info about that address
I agree, turn autorun off, and take a look...do not install anything though;-)
 
that address belongs to Mark J Berry and he is a property appraiser.

check
 
I know I'd definitely be checking out the cd. I don't know that I'd post about it online first. :)
 
K I checked the content as Jonathan suggested (I was too curious) and the CD is Empty.
I clicked properties and it says used space 0 bytes and free space 0 bytes.
And who is M ark J B erry?
Hmmm What the hell?
 
why would they send u a blunk cd? that is really strange
 
As I said in my previous post the CD contains a new form of advertisement which makes you go search for the sender online. Feel free to send me 10 bucks and Happy Thanksgiving.

I'll be more than thankful :)
 
so, a blank CD, with no letter , sent by priority mail by an unknown entity.
weird.
can you check the CD on another computer?
 
I think I win for giving details on checking the cd content. :)

Regarding the content on the cd, I said nothing - and I was right.
 
Was there white powder in with the CD?....

You should send a letter back or do a whitepages.com lookup and call him and tell him thanks for the blank CD-R. :-)
 
DomainMaster said:
the CD contains a new form of advertisement which makes you go search for the sender online.


that seems like something someone would do. But, it would be easier if they made a flash introduction and etc etc
 
damn this thing is really making me nuts I installed a new password I restored my system at an earlier date but I ahve a very bad feeling...
 
Jonathan said:
I think I win for giving details on checking the cd content. :)

Regarding the content on the cd, I said nothing - and I was right.

OK, you win!

007 said:
Was there white powder in with the CD?....

You should send a letter back or do a whitepages.com lookup and call him and tell him thanks for the blank CD-R.

The CD has 0 free space, means it's corrupt and therefore no longer recordable.
 
ok lets make it easier for the 10 usd you have to guess correctly the brand of the CD and also the minimum velocity guaranteed :)

Small print: only one one guess per each gold user 2 for platinum users and 3 for exclusive.
We are not responsible for typos of any kind if you would like to have another competition please send me a blank CD by priority mail (return address required name is not necessary).
Thnx

OOOPS FORGOT Moderator can only have one guess since I do not know if you paid in the past
 
If it were me, I would have gone and used a public computer to read the disk...that way if there was something evil on it my precious machine would not have been infected.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom