Enjoy unlimited access to all forum features for FREE! Optional upgrade available for extra perks.
Domain summit 2024

cctld We're Changing Our Sales Format :-)

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
I've posted quite a few domains here lately and frankly the response has been disappointing.

As of Monday Jul 20th @ 1pm our portfolio is being turned over to a broker and the prices are all rising to end user prices. That will be many times higher than the deals I offer domainers. If there is anything you've been sitting on or interested in I urge you to get your offer in fast.

hugegrowth

Level 10
Legacy Exclusive Member
Reaction score
Which broker are you using?

.ca sales have been pretty flat this year. Don't know if it's the new gtlds or what, you'd think good .ca domains would be in demand by this time, since the landrush was back in 2000 and they get high use in Canada.

DropWizard.com

Level 8
Legacy Platinum Member
Reaction score
The new GTLDS have muddied the water a lot. Last year I think domainers looked at them and then went out and bought the .com or .ca. We had a banner year. This year I think domainers are pausing and waiting to see what happens with renewals and survival of the new extensions. Some ext. have had a year already with no progress and frankly most have had little acceptance. An avalanche of domains dropping and or extensions folding (yes it's going to happen) will bring a lot of bad press and depress the market. Historical example:
http://www.damninteresting.com/the-dutch-tulip-bubble-of-1637/

Like so many domainers I've depended on being able to come in here and sell the odd domain to raise cash from time to time. Once that dries up we have to find a new market and that is the end user.

It's not that we haven't used brokers in the past we have. Extensively. We've even been offered exclusive runs on their newsletters. But for the .ca the enthusiasm just hasn't been there. They like the extension. they like the keywords but don't or won't (to my knowledge) lift a finger to find an end user. After all if you can sell a primo .com for xxx,xxx or even x,xxx,xxx the commissions will easily outstrip the xx,xxx or x,xxx type of deals we see on .ca. But the broker market is evolving with more and more people getting involved. Like Realtors some will start to specialize in smaller markets and smaller deals so I think things will get better in the future.

BTW I'm about to post a clearance deal for domains I won't be renewing so have a look over on the sales board.

The Rule #1

Do not insult any other member. Be polite and do business. Thank you!

Sedo - it.com Premiums

IT.com

Premium Members

AucDom
UKBackorder
Be a Squirrel
MariaBuy

New Threads

Our Mods' Businesses

UrlPick.com
URL Shortener

*the exceptional businesses of our esteemed moderators