• Welcome to DNForum.com - Domain Investor Forum, Free Domain Marketplace and a community for 45+ domain pros
    If you are new to domains and looking to buy, sell and learn about domains then you have come to the right place. DNForum is the oldest global domain name community on the internet and continues to grow every day. There are over 45,000 domainers on DNForum doing everything from buying domains, selling domains, using our free in-house built tools, learning about domains and discussing domains. Take a minute and Register.

For Sale What are you renewing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMan

New Member
Legacy Exclusive Member
Joined
Aug 16, 2005
Messages
1,518
Reaction score
1
I have a few one word .ca names coming up for renewal, plus another bunch in about 2 months... Some of these are terms that have millions of Google results, but I get no traffic to them at the moment... I was planning on letting some drop and I was just wondering what some other are thinking when it comes to these sort of .ca names...

Thanks!
 
I'd at least put them up here before letting them drop :D For me if they don't have any traffic and I don't see an immediate development plan for it then I'd let it go...

Cheers,

Jay
 
Traffic isn't the only thing, if you see future demand or high brandability then a name is worth holding onto. I have names that get no or minimal traffic I'd never let drop.

Developping these types of domains could be good, if they are popular searched terms, because you could get search engine traffic.
 
Thanks guys, I have a few lll .ca names that I am keeping for sure, plus some other decent ones that get traffic...

But names like Mastodon.ca (2,630,000 Google results) Sews.ca (859,000) are a couple of examples, not much good to me and will likely be dropped...
 
ditto on the traffic not being the only thing how much traffic do you think ireport got before its sale? Read ricks post about vcs and how they are the proponents of the stupid x factor model of appraisal. Certain things are difficult to value in a company like good will generics with no traffic might not have much revenue now but the name alone, providing it is a real generic, still holds tons of goodwill.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom